Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking - gentlemen, agents, minions, allies, everyone can climb through a window for 2 points, right? The book seems to say yes, but the reference sheet implies no.

Great game, I was really suprised how good it was when I played it for the first time this evening. Winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they can
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uru uru
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed that only the Gentlemens was allowed to climb through (not the minions/allies/Agent). Like the Reference Sheet clearly shows.

I thought that the Zombies/Bobbies/Agent where a bit stiff with their legs

Do we have an official answer on that ?

Because, if the Zombies can climb through the windows of the police station (Chapter 1), it changes a lot !

Other question that occurred to me last game : Can you melee attack through a windows ?

I did not find it in the rules. It is thematically ambiguous (because it is not so easy to fight than to shoot through a window).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No part of the rules indicates that moving through a window is forbidden for Agents, Allies or Minions.

Page 16 we have : "Move Through a Window: A figure must spend 2 Agility points to move through a Window."

On the same page we have a few exceptions for the Minions and Allies actions but nothing about windows so I guess they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Szabadi
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
urukwai wrote:

Other question that occurred to me last game : Can you melee attack through a windows ?

I did not find it in the rules. It is thematically ambiguous (because it is not so easy to fight than to shoot through a window).

I would say no. On page 11 the rule for windows is very specific about giving line of sight for ranged attack, so I think the intention is that meelee attack is not allowed through windows.

At least that is how I will play when finally have the time... (unless we have an official faq with a different answer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We allowed melee attacks through windows in our game.

This rulebook really needed work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd allow melee attacks through windows myself but they'd include the use of cover similarly to ranged attack. As I see it, melee attack is just a ranged attack with range 1 and uses "punch" instead. (Unless there are some extra conditions where only melee or ranged attack is affected or can be used.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The rulebook specifically says cover only applies to ranged attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glic2003 wrote:

The rulebook specifically says cover only applies to ranged attacks.

This is true. I actually read that part about combat some time after my previous comment and realized how Melee Attack is pretty much referred to in a single, short passage and otherwise the combat rules (LoS, cover, range etc.) refer to Ranged Attack.

Basically, for melee, you only need to be in an adjacent square with no impassable border in between (I don't personally consider windows as impassable). The cover only applies to Ranged Attack as mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.