Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Is the reimplementation still coming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love this game, unfortunately is it hampered by the lack of content, I remember there were plans to make a new game using the same system, is this in the works in any way?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The designers ran an unsuccessful Kickstarter for another game using the same system, but I haven't seen anything since. They ended up making another Kickstarter for a completely different game and system.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The designers did mention that a different publisher had signed on for a game with the same system...which I believe was separate from the failed/re-implemented Awful Fantasy Kickstarter that was originally going to use the same mechanics as well. That being said, it was some time ago and I haven't been able to find any more news.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
I really love this game, unfortunately is it hampered by the lack of content, I remember there were plans to make a new game using the same system, is this in the works in any way?

Stay tuned!

The one downside to designing games is having to wait for official announcements. Hopefully we can talk about it soon.
33 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
Avatar
mbmbmb
I still do hope FFG comes out with a Terrinoth retheme.

I assume they had long term plans for this while they still had the WH license (wouldn't make much sense to release this kind of game and then just stop).
Retheming to Terrinoth wouldn't be terribly difficult (not at all?). And they could churn out expansions... and expansions... and some more expansions...
This is all just wishful thinking of course, no idea if they want to do it or not.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darsh 97 Cl.199
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lack of contents?

Besides the official 2 additional characters, have you tried all the variants offered on BGG yet?
There was a thread initiated by Kin Hassar to regroup those.
I suggest you go have a look.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorenthion wrote:
borsook wrote:
I really love this game, unfortunately is it hampered by the lack of content, I remember there were plans to make a new game using the same system, is this in the works in any way?

Stay tuned! :)

The one downside to designing games is having to wait for official announcements. Hopefully we can talk about it soon.


Oh man. I just hope when this does get announced the theme stays high fantasy dungeon crawling. I'll be really bummed if it's sci-fi or steampunk or something.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Noahboa wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:
borsook wrote:
I really love this game, unfortunately is it hampered by the lack of content, I remember there were plans to make a new game using the same system, is this in the works in any way?

Stay tuned!

The one downside to designing games is having to wait for official announcements. Hopefully we can talk about it soon.


Oh man. I just hope when this does get announced the theme stays high fantasy dungeon crawling. I'll be really bummed if it's sci-fi or steampunk or something.


Yeah I agree. Really, the Terrinoth re-theme idea seems the most obvious and sensible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorenthion wrote:
borsook wrote:
I really love this game, unfortunately is it hampered by the lack of content, I remember there were plans to make a new game using the same system, is this in the works in any way?

Stay tuned!

The one downside to designing games is having to wait for official announcements. Hopefully we can talk about it soon.


That's great to hear! The system is really great and I am sure to buy any other game using it.

darsh97 wrote:
Lack of contents?

Besides the official 2 additional characters, have you tried all the variants offered on BGG yet?
There was a thread initiated by Kin Hassar to regroup those.
I suggest you go have a look.


Yes, I looked at it. I printed a lot of custom quests, but we need more monsters, items, dungeon cards, locations etc to make the game more varied.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope the theme will be better than whatever they showed us during that KS. That was really awful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I too hope it is FFG AND Terrinoth. No offense to the designers because they designed a good game but it was FFG and the setting that made WHQ:ACG so good. Now offense to the disigners, that KS ACG they did was, from what I read, a hot mess. Like a rules nightmare.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
m4rtst3r wrote:
I too hope it is FFG AND Terrinoth. No offense to the designers because they designed a good game but it was FFG and the setting that made WHQ:ACG so good. Now offense to the disigners, that KS ACG they did was, from what I read, a hot mess. Like a rules nightmare.

Truth be told WHQ:ACG rules were not perfect anyway. However I hope with another go it will be much better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
m4rtst3r wrote:
No offense to the designers because they designed a good game but it was FFG and the setting that made WHQ:ACG so good.

For my taste it‘s a bit early for an april fool.
The game mechanics made the game unique!
I also really like the Warhammer setting but if it‘s all about the setting, I can recommend the awfull Warhammer Quest 2 app...
I think the kickstarter would‘ve worked with some settings, any typical high fantasy setting for example but we got... we all know what happened.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
m4rtst3r wrote:
I too hope it is FFG AND Terrinoth. No offense to the designers because they designed a good game but it was FFG and the setting that made WHQ:ACG so good. Now offense to the disigners, that KS ACG they did was, from what I read, a hot mess. Like a rules nightmare.


What did FFG specifically do to make the game so good? Surely most praise should go to the designers and then maybe the setting.

I personally hope they've worked something out with Games Workshop and keep it in the Warhammer setting. GW are really pushing into the board game space now.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
m4rtst3r wrote:
I too hope it is FFG AND Terrinoth. No offense to the designers because they designed a good game but it was FFG and the setting that made WHQ:ACG so good. Now offense to the disigners, that KS ACG they did was, from what I read, a hot mess. Like a rules nightmare.


Thanks?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
I really hope the theme will be better than whatever they showed us during that KS. That was really awful.


Mission accomplished!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
Avatar
mbmbmb
m4rtst3r wrote:
No offense to the designers because they designed a good game but it was FFG and the setting that made WHQ:ACG so good.
Respectfully and totally disagree. The game system made this a truly good game.

The theme was there. This is subjective, so isn't worth talking about it much imho. To me it was functional (just like Terrinoth would be tbh).

And FFG simply did not have a chance to carry out their plans, as I'm sure they did have plans for this. It could be great to see what they could actually add in the long run. IF it is them picking this up again... again, wishful thinking...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
Respectfully and totally disagree. The game system made this a truly good game.

+1 thumbsup
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stacy
United States
Aledo
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone post the link to the canceled kickstarter? I am curious.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awfulfantasy/epic-af
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
strayknife wrote:
Shoogoo wrote:
I really hope the theme will be better than whatever they showed us during that KS. That was really awful.


Mission accomplished!


Can you at least confirm that it isn't zombie-related? gulp
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stacy
United States
Aledo
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.