Hide
18 Posts

The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch» Forums » News

Subject: Canadian Shipping! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Kent
msg tools
I haven't heard anything yet about Her Majesty's colony in the Great White North, so I thought I'd start a thread, so people can let us know when deliveries or tracking numbers are received...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a Fedex notification yesterday but I am expecting SMOG, Green Horde and Thunderstone any day now. Not sure which one this is.... I hope it is SMOG as I am itching to play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kent
msg tools
Be sure to let us know!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
I received a Fedex notification yesterday but I am expecting SMOG, Green Horde and Thunderstone any day now. Not sure which one this is.... I hope it is SMOG as I am itching to play it!

Most likely Thunderstone. I haven't received a CMON game from anyone besides Canada Post.
But, let us know. We're all dying here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
Brian T wrote:

Most likely Thunderstone. I haven't received a CMON game from anyone besides Canada Post.
But, let us know. We're all dying here!

Really? I would love it if they used Canada Post. All my CMON projects have been shipped to me via Fedex. It means I can't use my PO box which would be so much easier.

Delivery is listed as this Friday but it currently just says "Label created" so the package has not been picked up yet....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kent
msg tools
Purolator handled our Rising Sun (SE Ontario)...

Which might mean nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Massive Darkness came via Canada Post for me.
*shrug*

Anxious for this one though.....everything looks super awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
I messaged CMON last month and received a reply Feb 1st. Here is the message:

Hello Adam,
Worldwide shipping for Rise of Moloch is currently underway.
Canadian shipping is expected to begin in the next few weeks.
Tracking will be emailed and posted to your account as soon as it is available from the hub.

Thank you

CMON Inc. Etc

That was just over three weeks ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kent
msg tools
I've heard that the "problem" is that CMON is using the same distributor for Rising Sun, Rise of Moloch, and Green Horde.

And that in an effort to keep themselves from being overwhelmed, they're finishing one first (Rising Sun), before moving on to the second.

Problem #1: There's a LOT of Rising Sun, and lots of people don't have it yet.

Problem #2: When Rising Sun is done, the Green Horde pile is hella bigger than the Rise of Moloch pile.

So, unless they have to move on to the World of Smog, I have to suspect that Green Horde comes next.

...if the sun ever fully rises in Canada!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatGuy_There wrote:
I've heard that the "problem" is that CMON is using the same distributor for Rising Sun, Rise of Moloch, and Green Horde.

And that in an effort to keep themselves from being overwhelmed, they're finishing one first (Rising Sun), before moving on to the second.

Problem #1: There's a LOT of Rising Sun, and lots of people don't have it yet.

Problem #2: When Rising Sun is done, the Green Horde pile is hella bigger than the Rise of Moloch pile.

So, unless they have to move on to the World of Smog, I have to suspect that Green Horde comes next.

...if the sun ever fully rises in Canada!

That doesn't make sense. From a logistics perspective, you'd want to get the small orders out first, because they get completed quicker.
If you have an order with 500 packages to go out, vs. an order with 3000, you do the small one first because it clears space faster, and it's easier to get out the door.

That's just my shipper/receiver experience anyways.

If they're doing it as you say, it's either a rookie organizing things or some one who doesn't know what they're doing. It's certainly a very inefficient way to go about it. You'd be leaving a lot of the warehouse full by leaving the small orders until last, and you always need more space for what's incoming.

My guess is they're just overwhelmed, and are currently scrambling to even get anything out their doors.

I can wait. My huge pile of Massive Darkness needs paint anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Martin
Australia
Clifton Springs
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ThatGuy_There wrote:

This occurred in Australia too, and it seemed to add a multi-week delay to the delivery of Rise of Moloch.

The distributor here sent them out in the order of Rising Sun -> Green Horde -> Rise of Moloch.

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind sending the Green Horde core box (early delivery) before Rise of Moloch (just slightly late)... I took it as a sign of which of the two games CMON cares more about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received notification from Canada Post that my pledge is supposed to arrive on the 27th! That's today! Woo-Hoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kent
msg tools
I also got my shipping notice, arriving tomorrow. Yay!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my shipping notice today, and it will be here by March 5th.
Excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my God. Could I be one of the first too?!

It's being delivered today!

And... the notice came from Geekfunder BEFORE Canada Post, which has never happened before (maybe interfulfillment didn't send out a notice this time)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived yesterday but no one was home to receive it from the postman. It's waiting for me at the post office now. Can't wait to get home and tear into it. Probably play it this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabrielle
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received it today in Montreal! got an email this morning from Geekfunder, shipped via Canada Post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today in Calgary. Shipped via Canada Post, and 3 days earlier than what the tracking said.

Everything looks spectacular, and the plastic is even harder than what was used for Massive Darkness. This is the stiffest PVC I've seen yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.