Subject: Activating workshops question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny
Canada
flag msg tools
Go Leafs Go
mbmbmbmbmb
When you activate a workshop with a 3-4 or 5-6, it states that you activate all the workshops behind that slot. So a few questions.

1. Can I place apprentices by using the 5-6 slot?

2. Does this mean I can buy 6 resources using the 5-6 slot? Or 3 resources using the 3-4 slot?

3. If I place an apprentice, can I then immediatley purchase goods and then recieve the benefits from the apprentice in recieving free goods?

4. Do I activate my own workshops?

5. Or does “activate all workshops” only apply to actual buildings bought from the guild, and if I use the 5-6 slot, it would only let me buy 3 resources uf there are no buildings there.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Delp
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Workshops are the actual buildings in those slots.

pg 12 in the rule book gives the order of events for placing in a Guild.

1. Activate Workshops (the buildings built in the Guild).
You activate them whether they belong to you, someone else, or belong to no one.

2. Buy Goods
This applies to the action on the specific slot where you placed your die. You do not get the board actions from previous slots.
When you place a 5/6 die, you can buy up to 3 goods, but you can not place an apprentice.

3. Place Workers
This action is available only with the 1/2 slot and the 3/4 slot.

Your specific questions
1. No, only in the 1/2 and 3/4 slot.
2. No, you can only use the board ability for the slot you placed your die in.
3. No, the Buy Goods action happens before the Place Workers action
4. All Workshops up to the placed die activate. You can take advantage of the ability on the tile. You do not get the ownership bonus (shown on the board above the Workshop) if you activate your own Workshop.
5. Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
flag msg tools
Go Leafs Go
mbmbmbmbmb
During the cleanup/income stage, do I get the benefits of my workshops? (Also, thanks for the reply)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyEdge wrote:
During the cleanup/income stage, do I get the benefits of my workshops? (Also, thanks for the reply)

You get a resource from that guild for each of your workshops in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.