Subject: SF:TMG Introduction - Feb 2018 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey Guys AngryJoe Here!

I wanted to let you know our formal press release introduction announcement is coming soon for the game, as its right around the corner now! We will be sending this out to all the major outlets to let them know we are finally ready to show this thing off!

Sneak Peek at an Initial Box Art!

I wanted to apologize for the lack of communication and updates during initial early development. I was so excited when we landed these licenses I ran to BoardGameGeek (my favorite board game website) the second I could to list our game too! I never realized how big of a job developing 3 simultaneous compatible games each with their own specific needs would be! However after 2 years of development I believe we've really nailed our game system, its simple, fast, fun with the right amount of luck and strategy and I can't wait to share it all with you! I think we've really managed to do these licenses justice!

If anyone has any early questions feel free to use these wonderful boardgamegeek forums to submit them and Ill get to them when I can. As we near our Kickstarter date, i'll add a few more team members here to answer quicker and engage more closely with everyone!

Thanks for your support!
AngryJoe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will DBZ and Mortal Kombat be kickstartered same time, or later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Cowboy Bebop minis game please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Will DBZ and Mortal Kombat be kickstartered same time, or later?

Later.
And its up to the licencors final decision regarding Kickstarter.

We think we should be alright for MK, but DBZ is gonna be more difficult to convince them, but if we do, man it will be gangbusters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

We love Cowboy Bebop! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
AngryJoeShow wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

We love Cowboy Bebop! =)
As a UFS player, I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, why was the least popular of the 3 IPs chosen first? Easier to work with the license?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shorkey
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I am SOOOO Looking Forward to this Joe.

I just has a few questions/comments.

1. Are you going to do more board games afterward or just these 3?

2. Are you open to licensing the battle system that you created so that others could make 3rd party games/figures that are compatible with your games?

3. I plan on getting all 3 Games and the Only other Licenses I would LOVE to see are TEKKEN, Killer Instinct and King of Fighters/SNK. I have a few others but these are the ones I want the most.

Thanks again Joe for making these awesome games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!! Looks epic Joe! Great work!

Chris
Everything Epic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lumsden

Paisley
msg tools
Yasss.

Highlander miniature game now this. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ODD PoinT wrote:
Hey joe, I have been following this since the beginning and wanting to know more. I plan to order the set, but would like to see more twitch play-throughs. Keep up the great work and they look amazing. keep us posted.

side note: Are you doing any signed copies for the kick starter initial releases?

Haha! Sure I can sign a copy or two! I may want to see how that will work after the campaign. Maybe I can put it as a free add-on in our pledge manager for people that want that, what an awesome thought!
Thanks man!

As far as playthroughs we are going to have so many its going to be overwhelming, lol. Especially during the kickstarter and leading right up to it before hand. You know im going to be featuring it on my own YT for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Andersson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Looking forward to it.

Only concern I have is that if I want to bring an already assembled game (environment pieces etc) to a friend. Will the assembled parts fit in the box or do you need to disassemble it? Worry about tear/wear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army Community Admin
badge
Hot sauce is life
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was hearing about it originally from Doc some time ago it sounded like it would be easy to pick up and play but with a good amount of depth for different strategies. Look forward to seeing the final product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AloneChief wrote:
Looking forward to it.

Only concern I have is that if I want to bring an already assembled game (environment pieces etc) to a friend. Will the assembled parts fit in the box or do you need to disassemble it? Worry about tear/wear.

Yeah that is one of the most frustrating thing about these games, that once you for example put together the tree's you either have to disassemble everything to transport it or you'd need a new box to transport everything.

I'll look into this. For me I'd like the option where everything fits in the box, but when we need some of that room to jam pack everything in the box it may not be possible.
Perhaps if we do what other kickstarters do where theres a unique "kickstarter stretch goal box" we might be able to fit everything assembled in that one. I'll keep this a priority!

Wow such good points already that I hadn't concerned! Thanks Guys! Putting together a check list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I want to thank you so much joe, you are bringing my dream game to life ! I have tried making my own game in the past with street fighter and mortal kombat but man I am so glad it’s you designing this because you just ooze passion for this project ! Just the thought of this game system coming out has brought me out of my depression I’m so excited for this ! I’m a big street fighter fan/mortal kombat fan/Dbz fan/and your fan. If I had to ask one question how’s the long term support looking for this game ? Thank you again and I can’t wait for the Kickstarter I would spend my life savings on this haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news! Will this have a cooperative mode, or is it strictly competitive?

Any rough ETA for the KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sfvsmk wrote:
I want to thank you so much joe, you are bringing my dream game to life ! I have tried making my own game in the past with street fighter and mortal kombat but man I am so glad it’s you designing this because you just ooze passion for this project ! Just the thought of this game system coming out has brought me out of my depression I’m so excited for this ! I’m a big street fighter fan/mortal kombat fan/Dbz fan/and your fan. If I had to ask one question how’s the long term support looking for this game ? Thank you again and I can’t wait for the Kickstarter I would spend my life savings on this haha.

Well long term support would be provided by Jasco Games for sure!
I'd wager that if it does well we'd like to do some future expansions for the game as well as incorporate feedback on the unique game system. We want to make this one as best as it can be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steelfyre wrote:
Awesome news! Will this have a cooperative mode, or is it strictly competitive?

Any rough ETA for the KS?

It will have a Versus 1on1, Free For All (up to 6) and Team Mode for 2v2,3v3,2v2v2 and the Boss Expansion has a 3v1 mode with a powerful boss player! So pretty much all different types of play!

There are even more modes that we are hoping to hit via kickstarter stretch goals that can include new components and rules for free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick SAYET
France
CLERMONT-FERRAND
Puy de Dôme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) when is the Kickstarter?
2) what game mechanic is common with Megaman? heard so much bad things about Megaman (base game mechanic being terribly repetitive : choose dice to roll, use card, opponent uses negative card, reroll ; move to next, and repeat, and Final boss being terribly overpowered and have to beat him twice3)
3) been searching for what the Universal Tactics System rule is and still don't understand anything at all ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter starts April 4th. I'm curious about the other two questions as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make a Guilty Gear game
Congrats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
VictorDeLeon wrote:
1) when is the Kickstarter?
2) what game mechanic is common with Megaman? heard so much bad things about Megaman (base game mechanic being terribly repetitive : choose dice to roll, use card, opponent uses negative card, reroll ; move to next, and repeat, and Final boss being terribly overpowered and have to beat him twice3)
3) been searching for what the Universal Tactics System rule is and still don't understand anything at all ...

1. Currently April 4th, in just a few short weeks!

2. Nothing in common with Megaman.

3. Rulebook will be online later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
Make a Guilty Gear game
Congrats

There are so many good fighting game franchises that are considered "smaller" or more "niche" id love to explore the opportunity of doing little "mini-set" expansions for these just for the passionate fans - but it would depend on licensing costs and stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril Simeon
msg tools
Have you ever thought about licenses like "Saint Seya" or "Hokuto No Ken" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Vargas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CSBGG wrote:
Have you ever thought about licenses like "Saint Seya" or "Hokuto No Ken" ?

Not at this time.
We all like Fist of the North Star though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.