Queendomino» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How often do you use the dragon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AndyJ Baddice
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played four or five games, but haven't seen it used yet. Might be that we're not appreciating its value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It generally sees very selective use when players note that a certain player would benefit to greatly from a particular tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cost to use the dragon to burn buildings seem be too high sometimes.

What happened during our game was that the Builders board was filled with 7 different "Separate Territory points" 2VP/territory buildings (STP) that no one would buy or burn, since burning costs precious money. We all waited for buildings that would give us Knights, Towers or a lot of points cheaply, and the STP buildings just don't give you anything. Every coin is important when proper buildings appear, so I was reluctant to use the coins for burning. So the first half of the game turned into a Kingdomino game: If I burnt one of the STP, I would just pave the way for my opponent, and lose a coin, so I waited and waited and kept my coins and my Town tiles unbuilt. It was fruitful, both of us who did like this competed for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I only played one game but it was used at least half the turns. Either we were burning stuff we didn't want to cycle the buildings or we burnt things we knew others wanted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bj Price
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Organization makes me happy!
badge
"Cult" is what a big congregation calls a little congregation.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used it multiple times in my games but only when I see that someone can use one of the tiles to their benefit. Especially if one of the tiles is a crown tile and someone has the opportunity to make a lot of points because of it. I don't find the cost that high at all, 1 coin. There's been multiple games when everyone has 8+ coins on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.