21 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement components started arriving and... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
They shipped them in a large flat envelope totally unprotected. Not only are they totally bent, they're damp. I'm lucky I only needed Living Bones #4, one of the only undamaged pieces, but I was planning on saving the extra everything-else as safety.

Good luck to people who actually needed components to play the game. If I needed that map tile or some significant number of these pieces and had been waiting to play I'd be livid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

My replacement tiles arrived a few hours ago. Not damp, but definitely bent. Minimally, in terms of packing, it would have helped to sandwich the replacement boards between two pieces of cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ick, now I'm kinda worried. Mine are en route and it's alternating pouring rain and snowing all this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was pretty similar, but luckily the pieces themselves seem to be okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urgh, sorry to hear that. I hope everyone’s stuff turns up ok. One of my character envelopes was pretty beat up but other than that everything seemed fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Raines
United States
Edgewood
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem with my shipment. Luckily i don't think anything was bent on the sheet that needed replacing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Could they possibly be taking damaged boards and sending ones that have the component that is missing? That would have been really smart, but also nice to include a note saying as much. I'm sure they have stacks of beat up boards and they would only have to find one with Bones #4 in good condition. (as an example)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
Could they possibly be taking damaged boards and sending ones that have the component that is missing? That would have been really smart, but also nice to include a note saying as much. I'm sure they have stacks of beat up boards and they would only have to find one with Bones #4 in good condition. (as an example)

Looks like that is what they're doing. Economical and puts the damaged cardboard to good use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:

Hadn't considered that. That would actually be a really great idea.
IF that's what they're doing though, they should mention it up front...

Also, I see people on the Kickstarter page's comments who had needed components that arrived in the same packaging, with the part they needed damaged. So I don't think this is what's going on.

I think the people who received damaged boards with the specific part they wanted intact just got lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be brilliant - sending damaged boards with intact replacement parts - but I doubt that's what they're doing. I think they're simply sending replacements in bendable padded envelopes, which don't provide sufficent protection. To the larger map tiles, at least. (It's really only the map tiles that are affected by the bending.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc M
msg tools
This is just a case of poor packaging and your local postal service not giving two f@#$s about your package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alcovitch wrote:
This is just a case of poor packaging and your local postal service not giving two f@#$s about your package.

My local post office is delivering bent packages to people all over the country? And there's certainly no way it was damaged as it traded hands like six times across several state handoffs?

thumbsup

Poor packaging is definitely a core part of the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it an issue with the fulfillment centre for gloomhaven in the US? The replacements are sent from there right? Not from cephalofair directly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Raines
United States
Edgewood
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
florencka wrote:
Is it an issue with the fulfillment centre for gloomhaven in the US? The replacements are sent from there right? Not from cephalofair directly?

Ya, they came from FunAgain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karn
Canada
flag msg tools
It's really disappointing to constantly see these types of replacement threads pop up on reddit and bgg.

My copy of the game was a mess, with several components missing or damaged and I'd hate to see the replacements arrive in this condition after waiting months for a replacement.

It definitely seems like a packaging issue though, as delicate components should be boxed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bell
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need the tile A2 or something like that, it's on the first punch board and the copy that came with my game was badly damaged by the board being assembled poorly. This tile is unusable, and is necessary for the second scenario of the game.

I received the replacement yesterday and the punch board is in the same shape as mentioned, bent, torn, and badly warped. The needed tile was also badly damaged.

Filled out the form again. Now I continue to wait. I wanted to refund it, but my wife is far more patient than me and still wants to play it. At least she did before we received the replacements yesterday. Not sure what her thoughts are currently, or will be when we finally receive a usable replacement tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I just got my replacement class boxes. I haven't carefully looked at the ability cards yet (what I needed replaced), but they came in a plastic lined mailer, so the boxes were protected from the snow and damp. I guess the small packages got the lined mailers and the large board replacements just got the basic cardboard envelope?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
stlobus wrote:
I need the tile A2 or something like that, it's on the first punch board and the copy that came with my game was badly damaged by the board being assembled poorly. This tile is unusable, and is necessary for the second scenario of the game.

kind of curious about the condition of your initial tile.
was it something beyond a bad/insufficient glue job that led to the layers coming apart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I got my replacement sheet this morning. I haven't opened it yet but I did notice the envelope was pretty curved. Unfortunately I need the full sheet as all of it was misprinted by 1/2". I'm kind of scared that any more damage might take another 3 months delay.

I'm surprised they're shipping entire sheets for those that only need 1 piece. I would think they would be able to stretch supplies further, reduce shipping costs, and protect them better by piecing them out but maybe with the component count of this behemoth its to complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bell
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
kind of curious about the condition of your initial tile.
was it something beyond a bad/insufficient glue job that led to the layers coming apart?

The initial tile I received actually had one of the connecting tabs rip off coming out of the punch board, so it would not stay connected to another tile. We had a lot of pieces where the actual art was peeled a good way off of the piece, but spent some time gluing all that back together. We didn't think we'd be able to reliably glue the other end back on.

As an update to my initial post, too, the replacement piece that was badly warped has the cardboard layers coming apart now after having it under the Gloomhaven box to hopefully straighten it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McGlumphy
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I'm not the only one that was disappointed in the packing. USPS beat up and soaked the padded envelope pretty well.

I asked for a replacement sheet 18. The original one had glue smeared all over the main floor tile, along with remnants of the sheet that was stacked on it before the glue dried.

The new tile is kinked in the center. Really hard to decide which I prefer to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.