R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Once again, there's been no news about this game for several months. There was talk of a Kickstarter that would start in February. Is anything happening? Is this all a big practical joke?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's listed on the Modiphius website as a Kickstarter launch in March, so it should be close.

There is of course reason to be sceptical about this, as the game page still is not updated and it was originally listed for a January 2017 campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
Sint-Agatha-Berchem / Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that this time it's for real. After the John Carter from mars Kickstarter, I posted a question on the game's Facebook page and got an answer saying they're taking a break from the kickstarter first. No new delay or waiting for approvals was mentioned. The Modiphius homepage still has it on the calendar for March. So, Yeah, I''m crossing my fingers for march Kickstarter.
Any way, I saw and played the prototype at essen 2017 and liked it a lot! They are way to far into development/investment (art, sculpts for minis, play tester groups) to not release this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope so. This has been a must have on my wish list for almost 2 years now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbus wrote:
This has been a must have on my wish list for almost 2 years now

Same for me! I nearly lost interest in this game. With all the rumors and the delays... But then I played it at Essen last year and really liked it a lot! Really got to have it now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Modipius Newslettre yesterday (march 2nd), and it didn't even mention Kung Fu panda...
If this thing was about to launch, it would have made sense to have at least mentioned it. You'd want all the publicity you can get, right?
So I'm guessing it isn't comming any time this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I jumped to the same conclusion, but hopefully they will surprise us. The game page on Modiphius' website also hasn't been updated yet and still says the game will launch in 2017whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...And Modipius web site now states:
"APRIL - Kung Fu Panda Kickstarter"
cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m just happy that it isn’t August or sonething like that. April is pretty close

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over on the Modidpius website it still reads "MAJOR RELEASES & EVENTS
APRIL - Kung Fu Panda Kickstarter" So we might still be seeing something soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would surprise me if the Kickstarter would launch this April. The game page on the Modiphius website still has no info whatsoever and mentions a Kickstarter campaign in 2017. It's clear that it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new Kung Fu Panda series was announched recently for late 2018. Let’s hope Modiphius will not wait with the Kickstarter campaign until it releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.