Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Pickering
New Zealand
Rolleston
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for clarification surrounding these cards.

The Fence card text says

"Instead of offering one of your objects for trade on your turn, you may instead offer the top card of the object pile. If your trading partner refuses the object, you may keep it. If he accepts it, it does come into effect as usual.

The rulebook clarification says that

"The player may offer the object from the top of the draw pile instead of a card from his hand to his trading partner. He may look at it and then MUST (my emphasis) trade this card to his partner."

The Merchant card text says

"Instead of giving back one of your objects in a trade, you may look at the top card of the object pile and give it to your trading partner afterwards. This object does come into effect as usual.

The rulebook clarification says that "The player may trade back the object card from the top of the draw pile instead of a card from his hand. He may look at the card before deciding"

So it appears that as the Fence, IF I decide to offer a trade AND I look at the top card of the object pile, I MUST trade it, but as the Merchant I can look at the top card of the object pile, and then NOT trade that card, but one from my hand?????
Is this correct and if so what happens to the top card of the object pile? Does it go back on top of the pack?
Also is the Merchant's ability then mandatory if activated? ie Suppose I have a single bag and are offered a bag for trade by another player. Can I look at the top card and then decide not to trade at all or once I look at the top card I must trade something?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.