Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I wanted to share information on some staging platforms that I made for the mobs/agents to help organize/speed up their use during game play.

I made a platform for each of the 4 monster types that came with the base Kickstarter pledge:

Each platform holds 6 Minions of each type, along with their corresponding Boss, and the Agent:

Also, each platform is angled slightly down for easier view and easier pick-up (the back post is 5/8" thick, while the rest of the board is 3/16" thick):

To make loading the platforms easier, I put the corresponding miniature number in each slot, as well as color-coded each slot and miniature base. The color-coding of each base also helps distinguish the miniature types when multiple types are crowded in a single zone during game play.

Thanks for looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jos Black
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks really neat, do you store it with the minions on them or do you have to set it up each time you play?

Love the color coding of the bases, tht's something I might actually be abl to do with my paint skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nielson Jugalbot
Canada
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It looks really nice; however, the game is already a table hog. This just takes up more table space. Good job on the work though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really digging this idea. While I don't generally have an issue picking out the different mob types, they are always just sitting on the table in messy clumps which drives me crazy. The color coding and platforms look great and would help keep everything looking nice and tidy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiff Reynolds
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now I need (NEED!) a 3D printer-friendly file for these... who's got the skills?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackerHawk wrote:
This looks really neat, do you store it with the minions on them or do you have to set it up each time you play?

Love the color coding of the bases, that's something I might actually be able to do with my paint skills.

I set it up every time I want to play, though with the color coding, it takes less than a minute to do (and it is something that my 6 year-old can do if he wants to be helpful).

It turns out that the numbering in each slot isn't necessary once it's painted. If I were to do it again, I would leave the numbers out.

However, I do use the numbers on the bottom of the miniatures for putting everything away quickly. I labeled each slot in the original plastic tray using white-out and a thin permanent marker:

With these combined solutions, setup and tear-down of the miniatures is fairly quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wavsite wrote:
Ok, now I need (NEED!) a 3D printer-friendly file for these... who's got the skills?

I don't have any 3D skills, but I downloaded Fusion 360 and gave it a shot. Here is an STL file of my staging platform with NO text. This is my first 3D model, but hopefully it works for you. Let me know how it goes.

I can only host this model for a couple of weeks, so download it soon.

Edit: File removed from hosting site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.