Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Canberra bulk order: Nights of Fire... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some time ago, Paul (batcut) ran a group deal for Days of Ire: Budapest 1956 (Days of Ire: Budapest 1956 KS group buy). There is now a sequel: Nights of Fire: Battle for Budapest. Paul would rather not run the order for this one, so I'm putting my hand up.

The game has a base pledge level of $US43, with post-campaign shipping of another $US18. There is also an expansion pack that includes a linking campaign game and miniatures (Days & Nights: Red Army Pack) for $US35. There's also the option to contact them for a good timedeal on multiple copies.

Anyway: if you're interested, speak up, and I'll see what sort of deal they'll do. Make sure you tell me what you want: new game, expansion/minis, or even the original game for $US43 (marginally cheaper when bundled) or the original promo pack for $US5.

Usual conditions of Canberra-region pickup/delivery applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for the 'Combined Leader' Pledge (Days + Nights + Red Army)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David.

I will definitely want Nights of Fire. I will investigate the expansion pack miniatures thingy further ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave.

Might be in for the base game. Not sure abut the miniatures, though it does seem that if you want campaign play the only way to get it is with the miniatures pack - is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in Nights. Probably not the minis. Thanks David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

Happy to take just the basic 'Nights'

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
Thanks Dave.

Might be in for the base game. Not sure abut the miniatures, though it does seem that if you want campaign play the only way to get it is with the miniatures pack - is that right?

Yes shake This is a pain, and the subject of a bit of discussion on the NoI forum. The reason given for bundling minis and campaign-expansion into a single box is financial: they don't reckon they'd get enough individual orders to make either viable. See Re: Was excited about campaign play - not excited it comes bundled with the minis pack for the explanation from the source.

I hold some (faint) hope that they'll bend to pressure and let the expansion cards be purchased separately as an add-on. But...faint.

UPDATE: campaign cards available standalone and pre-order only for USD18 ( gulp ). See https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyboards/nights-of-... (down the bottom) for the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt reply, Dave.

I'm a bit of a miniatures fan (just a bit) but these don't really grab me. Not a huge fan of the scale disparity between the soldiers & tanks which, IMHO is a major point of detraction from Memoir '44 whereas keeping to scale in the The Great War: Tank Expansion keeps and adds to the visual appeal of the game.

So, let's keep an eye on this for now and see what transpires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than edit the first post, here's an update that includes all the currently-known offerings (including the now-available-separately campaign card set). This is the post I'll update in future with names and pledges!

As an indication of the group-buy deal, we're looking at about a 7.5% discount on the list above as it currently stands (5 "items": the campaign cards aren't eligible for a discount, Nights goes to USD40, and the full-set counts as a single item at USD109), and shipping of around USD40/45. If we get up to ten "items", then we're looking at about a 15% discount on the non-campaign-cards items (USD37 and USD100), and total shipping of around USD50.

Nights: USD43 USD40 (becomes USD37 if we get 10+ items)
Days: USD43
Red Army Pack (miniatures and campaign cards): USD3532 (discounted for us)
Campaign Cards alone: USD18
Days Promo Pack: USD5

Nights plus Red Army Pack: USD78
Nights plus Days: USD83
Nights plus Red Army Pack plus Days: USD118 USD109 (becomes USD100 if we get 10+ items)

Shipping (estimate): USD18 for one game around USD45 (becomes around USD50 for 10+ items)

Participants

dlow: Nights, Campaign cards - USD58 = $75.52 + $6.11 shipping PAID

AztecTwoStep: Nights, Days, Red Army Pack, Days promo pack - USD114 = $148.44 PAID + $12.01 shipping

the bilge rat: Nights, Campaign cards - USD58 = $75.52 + $6.11 shipping PAID

squire: Nights, Campaign cards - USD58 = $75.52 PAID + $6.11 shipping

MrBaggy: Nights - USD40 = $52.08 + $4.21 shipping = $56.29

rowleyg: Nights, Campaign cards - USD58 = $75.52 PAID + $6.11 shipping

artymorty: Nights, Days, Red Army Pack, Days promo pack - USD114 = $148.44 + $12.01 shipping PAID

muzfish4: Nights, Red Army Pack - USD7572 = $93.75 + $7.59 shipping = $101.34

Total to date: 8 items (6 x Nights, 2 x Combined), USD572=$744.79 + shipping

Shipping: USD45 became $60.26, paid 13/04/18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an indication of the group-buy deal, we're looking at about a 7.5% discount on the list above as it currently stands (5 "items": the campaign cards aren't eligible for a discount, Nights goes to USD40, and the full-set counts as a single item at USD109), and shipping of around USD40/45. If we get up to ten "items", then we're looking at about a 15% discount on the non-campaign-cards items (USD37 and USD100), and total shipping of around USD50.

So, there's a decent saving on the items, and a good saving on postage. Campaign finishes on 22nd March, so I'll look to finalise a few days out from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the promo was included as part of the campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AztecTwoStep wrote:

The Days promo pack was included with the Days KS. It wasn't part of the retail game.

The Nights promos are included in the (current) Nights KS.

I can check if you like, but I'm pretty sure that the Days promos are an add-on, even if you get Days here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Rowley
Australia
Nicholls
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

Thanks for organising this.

Can you please put me down for the following:
1) Nights; and
2) Campaign Cards alone (no miniatures).

Thanks
Glenn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
AztecTwoStep wrote:

The Days promo pack was included with the Days KS. It wasn't part of the retail game.

The Nights promos are included in the (current) Nights KS.

I can check if you like, but I'm pretty sure that the Days promos are an add-on, even if you get Days here.

Okay, fair enough. I'll grab the days promo too. May as well be complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello David

Could I please jump in and get Nights plus Red Army Pack plus Days plus Days promo cards. In other words, the whole lot!

Thanks for doing this!

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David, I would like to add the campaign cards to my order.

Thanks for organising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please add the campaign cards to my order too, thanks David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cogitation over - Nights and Red Army pack please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is lurking but thinking about getting on board, please speak up! Even if you don't want to commit now, I need to let the project team know what we're looking at, so that they can finalise our pricing.

Current order is two "full sets" (Nights, Days, Red Army, Days promos), six copies of Nights, four Campaign Card sets, and one Red Army pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, we have a wrinkle shake The producers have just told me that, despite their original suggestion/idea/commitment/... on shipping, they now estimate we're up for USD100, as we've exceeded a single 20kg box.

I've asked for clarification so that we know what we would have to prune to get back into a single 20kg box (for USD50 shipping). But we can't keep things as-is (IMHO).

I'm a little worried that we might get stung later, as shipping is being charged post-campaign. If that happens, I will not be happy (Jan)....

I'll update once I hear back from them about (e.g.) individual masses of each item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaand...now they say they made a mistake, it all fits into 20kg, postage "50-60"...

I'm going to go ahead and finalise our pledge at the USD572 level (they discounted the Red Army Pack to USD32 for us).

Any last minute changes - probably not additions at this point, given the uncertainty over shipping - let me know! Otherwise, you're in as per the list above. I'll advise final costings once my card is hit. This might be one of those projects that I'd prefer to sort out payments earlier rather than later, but there isn't a crazy rush. Save up your pennies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, Dave - thanks for organising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charge (without shipping) came to $744.79 for our USD572 pledge (exchange rate 76.8). Given the state of finances, I'd probably rather not carry this until shipping gets charged. That being said, no worries if you want to wait

Individual shares added to the post up above. If you want to pay now, my details haven't changed from any earlier campaigns (or GM me to get them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave.

Paid.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.