Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As we announced last month, we've now started including a wee deck of Prize Cards with new copies of An Infamous Traffic.

Customers who already own the game, but are interested in purchasing the deck, can do so here:

https://hollandspiele.com/collections/map-upgrades/products/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom,

I emailed you as well, but might as well ask it here: I bought AIT via a European re-seller here on BGG and not directly from you - do I qualify for this purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pfischer wrote:
Hi Tom,

I emailed you as well, but might as well ask it here: I bought AIT via a European re-seller here on BGG and not directly from you - do I qualify for this purchase?

Sure! I mean, anyone can purchase it - we're just trying to make it clear to people that if they purchase the game now, they don't need to buy the upgrade deck, cuz it's already included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Rae
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
European reseller on bgg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do the reverse side of the cards look like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those like myself that bought the PDF will it be possible to have the deck also for PnP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a card handy right now but it's a red back with the illustration that was used for the Prize chits.

A PNP version will be uploaded soon-ish if you want to PNP the cards. Since it's being added to the game's files for future purchases, I believe as a previous purchaser that you'll be able to re-download the files, including the cards. We won't get anything for it on our end, but it'll be available for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Komerad wrote:
European reseller on bgg?

Sorry, someone who bought more than one copy, thankfully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Is there any difference from the original chits? Or more prizes here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
Is there any difference from the original chits? Or more prizes here?

No differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Those cards look great, good call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron F-N
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those cards look great

If you're upgrading components in the game, do you know if a mounted board will ever be an optional buy for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
tomrussell wrote:
As we announced last month, we've now started including a wee deck of Prize Cards with new copies of An Infamous Traffic.

Customers who already own the game, but are interested in purchasing the deck, can do so here:

This is just form factor, not content, right? I'm a Print & Play copy -- there's no change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

This is just form factor, not content, right? I'm a Print & Play copy -- there's no change?

Change is only cosmetic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogfreeman wrote:
Those cards look great

If you're upgrading components in the game, do you know if a mounted board will ever be an optional buy for this game?

The only question we get asked more than this is "Why don't you have European distribution?" Unfortunately, the answer for now, in both cases, is "outlook unlikely."

However, anyone who buys the game, we can send and have sent them the map file so that they can have a mounted one printed themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron F-N
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
Dogfreeman wrote:
Those cards look great

The only question we get asked more than this is "Why don't you have European distribution?" Unfortunately, the answer for now, in both cases, is "outlook unlikely."

However, anyone who buys the game, we can send and have sent them the map file so that they can have a mounted one printed themselves.

Can't blame me for trying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Cresswell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Please stop torturing us with games we cannot acquire... When is it being published in Europe?

Hopefully it will be available by the next Essen Spiel. It seems really interesting.

I’ve pre-ordered a copy of John Company instead because US imports to the UK are uneconomical! Last small box card game I received from America, I got busted for an extra 20 quid by Customs! :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
werekin wrote:
Please stop torturing us with games we cannot acquire... When is it being published in Europe?

We have no such plans at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Cresswell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Wow that's a shame. I really enjoyed watching the run throughs on HC's channel. Not sure anyone in the UK has a supply of opium. :-|

Dice used ought to be black as reminders constantly state their quantity relates directly to the black chits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
werekin wrote:

Hopefully it will be available by the next Essen Spiel. It seems really interesting.

I’ve pre-ordered a copy of John Company instead because US imports to the UK are uneconomical! Last small box card game I received from America, I got busted for an extra 20 quid by Customs! :-(

Maybe the time is here to try the PnP route? Hollandspiele sells all their titles as pnp and most of them are within reach for most of us. I have made quite a few of them, and only Horse and Musket was a real challenge. You'll need a rotary cutter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was probably a little too curt in my response there - I apologize for that. It's a question we get asked a lot, and one that I don't always feel up to answering.

This post however covers more of the basics behind the decision for those that are interested:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/27194457#27194457

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wood
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
werekin wrote:
Dice used ought to be black as reminders constantly state their quantity relates directly to the black chits.

werekin wrote:
Please stop torturing us

tomrussell wrote:
We have no such plans at this time.

What's curt about that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Cresswell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Absolutely appreciate you taking the time to respond Tom. PnP seems a fitting way to offer games to me. If there wasn’t a PoD option available then I’d support that. Totally seduced by the gorgeous new prize card deck though! :-D

Originally I was perflexed when investigating your order system, finding you’re based in America not Europe. The business name being “spiele” tends to signify a European based business!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a little joke on our part. The name originated years ago, when we thought we were going to publish euro-style games, and we thought a name like "Hollandspiele" - "Holland" being Mary's maiden name - would make us sound like a proper and somewhat snooty European company. By the time we decided to start the business, we had moved on to wargames, but kept the name. It causes confusion from time to time to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last update to the AIT files on Wargamevault is listed as 2017-10-08 with an updated rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.