Subject: 2nd Edition GMT US CIVIL WAR? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter McGovern
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if the possibility exists if GMT is going to create ver 2 of this Civil War game?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Version 2 or a 2d printing? I'd say that latter is probably very likely; former is a possibility of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they already did a 2nd printing through the P500. But GMT will always be willing to reprint things that might sell. That's the reason they have the P500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would we envision a second edition encompassing? Assuming everyone is good with the revised rules, I'd think simply a second printing with the revised rules and player aid card would be sufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are currently no plans I am aware of for a 2nd Edition of the game and, as others have indicated, there is not need for one at this time.

I expect that GMT at some point will propose a 2nd Printing of the game. If it goes on preorder sometime this year, I expect it will be for the original game, but with the August 2017 Rules, Player Aid Cards and Setup Cards. GMT in its marketing has referred to the August 2017 rules the 2nd Edition Rules. So, in a sense, the 2nd Edition of the game already exists and only requires the August 2017 rules, player aid cards and setup cards. Those are available for download for those that were not able to purchase them late last year from GMT.

If a reprint of TUSCW does not go on preorder until 2020 or later, it may be for a new edition of the game depending on what Mark wants to do and what experience with the current game has shown up to that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Burden
United States
Streator
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My bet, if I could make one, would be that it gets put onto the P500 list by the end of 2018. The game was very well received and sold out pretty quickly. They have the updated rulebook and player aid card ready to go with corrections already done, I doubt if it would take much to see it offered again for reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter McGovern
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for all your replies... I ask, as I don't have a copy of this game, thus getting the new edition rules on sale now would not do anything for me. I'm hoping the possiblity of more sales will justify a P500 reprint of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't find it retail, it does hit eBay somewhat regularly. There's a copy there today for about $100 when you add in shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
waltermcgovern wrote:
Thanks for all your replies... I ask, as I don't have a copy of this game, thus getting the new edition rules on sale now would not do anything for me. I'm hoping the possiblity of more sales will justify a P500 reprint of this.

Always depends on how long you mind waiting. Since it's not yet got a 2d printing on P500 yet and the P500 queue is fairly long as it is, it could be a couple of years away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also several copies posted for sale right here on BGG on the GeekMarket.

There is a also a healthy list of folks here on BGG looking to trade it for something else.

I would not expect to have a reprint of it in anyone's hands until mid-2019 at the earliest even if GMT put it on P500 today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.