Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does other reasons you draw a friend card (i.e. the builder bonus) give you the same option you get when building walls? This being if you want to you can keep your existing friend card and the whole passing a friend off on an opponent? Or, other than the building walls time, do you just gain a friend and it replaces your existing one whether you like it or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yoir choice. Keep or give, replacing the friend the receiver has if they have one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules seem to worded as though the choice to keep or not is only based on friends gained from wall building. The How to Play video I just watched again seems like this may be the case again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hudson
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anytime you draw a Friend, for any reason, you have the option or to give it to someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarification, James!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crimsonandwhite wrote:
Anytime you draw a Friend, for any reason, you have the option or to give it to someone else.

Just to clarify, if I have a Friend and draw a new Friend, I have the option to keep the new Friend or give it to another player. If I keep it, my current Friend goes to the discard file, correct? Not to another player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hudson
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct David. Whoever recieves the Friend must discard their current Friend. So for instance, you may want to rid another player of the "Evil Queen" as she is really powerful, so you draw a Friend and you "give" it to them, discarding their Evil Queen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that was what David's question was.
Instead he was wondering if you draw Friend Card A and decide to keep it do now discard your original Friend Card B or can you pass it to an opponent the same way you could pass the drawn Card A?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do think James answered David's question:

Quote:
Whoever receives the Friend must discard their current Friend.

So if David draws Friend Card A and decides to keep it, then he is the one who received the Friend. Therefore, he must discard his original Friend B card, which means he cannot pass it on to an opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you are right. I just didn't think of "whoever receives" as term used also for yourself receiving to when you choose to keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.