Stuffed Fables» Forums » General

Subject: Warping Adventure Book rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in a very dry and cold (currently) part of the U.S. Typically this time of year I will allow a new game to condition to the environment of the house before opening the box and removing components (usually a day or two...I know, it can be grueling waiting to open those shiny new games).

So after taking the Adventure Book out of the freshly opened game box, I've noticed that the front/back laminated plastic covers are really warping...this makes trying to use game board pages a bit of a challenge (rocking pieces, etc). I understand this is a phenomenon that is experienced typically on cardboard components/boards (due to the varying expansion/contraction rates between the printed faces and internal cardboard material from variance in temperature and humidity), which I've typically been able to mitigate with heavy books, time and patience. The Adventure Book covers, however, are a bit of a different animal due to the heavier laminated plastic over the paper material...have had several very heavy books stacked on it for a few days, but alas it has had no affect...the memory of the plastic is too great. Anyone else have any ideas or tricks to mitigate laminated material warping and getting to lay flat again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not sure I've understood the actual uncomfortability of the game but as far as this problem is concerning just the 1st and the last page you can try to turn the 1st page in contact under the last. The very weight of the book will take care of the bending and since 1st page is just narrative you will not need it after reading it.
Play your games turning the 1st/last page pack according to weighter part of the book.
Not a solution but a way to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
Well, I'm not sure I've understood the actual uncomfortability of the game but as far as this problem is concerning just the 1st and the last page you can try to turn the 1st page in contact under the last. The very weight of the book will take care of the bending and since 1st page is just narrative you will not need it after reading it.
Play your games turning the 1st/last page pack according to weighter part of the book.
Not a solution but a way to play...

Thanks for the reply. Agreed, and what you suggest is what I had resorted to doing. However, I'm curious if there is a way to get this type of book cover to lay flat anyways. The amount of warping in the covers is quite extensive, making even the book pages slightly warped from storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really mind trying "stronger" approaches to the problem...but if the game experience results in frustration I think your book would be eligeable for a replacement.
You could contact PHG with some explanation & pictures of the problem and I trust they will take care of it, I've heard good things of their customer service
Wish u good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Barkman Petersen
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the same problem with a warped adventure book. What did you end up doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.