Lisboa» Forums » Rules

Subject: trading with nobles, visiting the noble rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
harrenhal
Israel
flag msg tools
hey
some simple question yet unfortunately for me, i didnt see it clarified in the rules...
when trading with the nobles and playing the card into your deck, does it matter which color of noble card you play?
same question goes to visiting the noble...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Bergeron
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter when you trade but it does when you visit them. You have to play the card of the noble you want to visit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
When you visit a Noble you need to play the card with the noble you want to visit. On your portfolio, the Noble you play does not matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play a noble card into your portfolio you can trade with any noble as long as you pay the resource cost (remember you can also trade with 2 different nobles this way).

Visiting a noble is different and you can only visit the noble whose card you play to do their main action and one of their side actions (no resource needed this time to pay for the one you choose from the banner)

ninjaninja

Double ninja'd

Edited with the strikethrough due to clarification below

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friendly GamePlayer
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:
When you play a noble card into your portfolio you can trade with any noble as long as you pay the resource cost (remember you can also trade with 2 different nobles this way).

I'm pretty sure you can trade with the nobles when you play any card to your portfolio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishticuffs wrote:
belborough wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can trade with the nobles when you play any card to your portfolio.

No only Noble cards allow this. If you play a Treasury card you receive the amount of reis as indicated by the Treasury marker and then move the marker down a slot (and then get whatever the ongoing bonus is after that whenever you take an appropriate action), but do not get to perform any Trade actions. See page 10 of the rulebook

Having a bad day, just ignore this now please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Bueno
Spain
Gijon
Asturias
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:
Fishticuffs wrote:
belborough wrote:

No only Noble cards allow this. If you play a Treasury card you receive the amount of reis as indicated by the Treasury marker and then move the marker down a slot (and then get whatever the ongoing bonus is after that whenever you take an appropriate action), but do not get to perform any Trade actions. See page 10 of the rulebook

I suppose you meant that after you receive the amount of reis depending on the Treasury... you MUST do one of the actions (sell or trade with the nobles)... at least my rules says that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, been playing that wrong then......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.