Pandemic: Rising Tide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Finger in the dike - one dike, or one region? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sea level is at four, and I want to use the card "vinger in de dijk", which presumably is called "finger in the dike" in English, to prevent Walcheren from gaining 3 water cubes. Problem is, depending on how this is to be resolved, there's not only water coming in from the sea, but also through the region of Zeeuws-Vlaanderen. Does the card "finger in the dike" only prevent water coming in from one region (through one dike, which would seem to make thematic sense), or does it just prevent one region from gaining any water cubes at all during the Water Flows phase? So, in this case, does Walcheren remain dry, or does it gain 2 cubes from the water that flows there through Zeeuws-Vlaanderen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WilbertK wrote:
The sea level is at four, and I want to use the card "vinger in de dijk", which presumably is called "finger in the dike" in English, to prevent Walcheren from gaining 3 water cubes. Problem is, depending on how this is to be resolved, there's not only water coming in from the sea, but also through the region of Zeeuws-Vlaanderen. Does the card "finger in the dike" only prevent water coming in from one region (through one dike, which would seem to make thematic sense), or does it just prevent one region from gaining any water cubes at all during the Water Flows phase? So, in this case, does Walcheren remain dry, or does it gain 2 cubes from the water that flows there through Zeeuws-Vlaanderen?

In English it's pretty clear.

"Choose 1 region. During the next water flows step do not add any water cubes to this region."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I'll go with that then. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.