4 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event Card C (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Adams
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Event Card C - The Pirate King Demands Gold. The card says the pirates raid with a raid value of 9. I have three questions regarding this. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but I couldn't find an answer on the Captain's Log FAQ.

1) The pirate start with a raid dice pool of 9 dice. Am I right in assuming this dice pool is modified as normal, for garrisons and ships in harbor, so even if there is no garrison upgrades present and no ships in harbor, the pirates would only have 8 dice as the default garrison on a province is 1?

2) In the case of a tie for the player with the most gold in their vault, who is attacked. I understand that all ties are broken in favor of the lowest-ranked player, so am I right in assuming that the pirates would in effect attack the higher-ranked player in the tie. For instance, if the Prince and the Duke each had 4 gold in their vault, the Prince would be attacked. I know this may seem obvious, but those of you who've played Through the Ages will know there are a few quirks of the rules where the tie-breaking in favor of the stronger player is not always helpful to the stronger player, so thought I'd check.

3) The last instruction on the card: "The raided provice gains one glory." Am I right in assuming that that only applies if the pirate are defeated? Again I know it sounds obvious - I mean why would you get glory for being raided; in some cases it would lead to people wanting to be the victims of this attack - I just want to be sure we are playing the rule right!

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Would you ever really want to see an angel?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes, and yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Seafall, the tie breaker is rarely, if ever, helpful to the stronger player. That's the point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you aren't sure what "in the favor of" means, let the lower-ranking tied player decide if he should be the target or not!

(And it's not always 100% obvious. I've seen cases where a player *wanted* to be hit by this card, as he'd prepared against it and was hoping for the "free" glory -- and also wanted to destroy the card. I'd allow that to factor into "in favor of".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.