Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
So - Unbreakable Bonds gave this game fresh new legs for me, and it's seeing regular play now. Friends are even requesting it. Are there any more expansions planned? I would love some more co-op/solo scenarios and of course, more player-character choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing announced yet. But I think it will, seems to be selling well for FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really happy with the pace of expansions for Runebound. I feel like they are taking their time and providing quality content and not just pushing stuff out to make a dime. I don't want this turning into X-wing or one of those games that has more content than you can actually play.

All that said, I'm pretty confident we will be seeing more coming down the pipe. Maybe Origins or GenCon this year would be the earliest I would guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
The previous editions had big box expansions with new maps (boards) and we haven't seen any of those yet. I would expect to see new maps eventually. Also previous editions included allies that you could recruit and we haven't seen any of those yet either. So there is still a lot of expansion potential. If Runebound keeps selling, I think we can expect more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
percepter wrote:
The previous editions had big box expansions with new maps (boards) and we haven't seen any of those yet. I would expect to see new maps eventually. Also previous editions included allies that you could recruit and we haven't seen any of those yet either. So there is still a lot of expansion potential. If Runebound keeps selling, I think we can expect more.

oh man, I haven't played any previous editions, that sounds so awesome, especially allies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjaminHester wrote:
So - Unbreakable Bonds gave this game fresh new legs for me, and it's seeing regular play now. Friends are even requesting it. Are there any more expansions planned? I would love some more co-op/solo scenarios and of course, more player-character choices.
UB will only be out in French in six months.
So I don't request additional expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very new to the game but some rules for a game mastered version might be fun. The GM selects the cards ahead of time and the players don't know what is going on at first and have to piece it together as they move around the board.

Is the dragon coming back or are the zombies taking over? The more the GM loads up on dragon type cards, the sooner the players will know what is happening so having some zombie cards at the start keeps them guessing longer.

Some wandering monsters or villains might be fun or changeable terrain such as floods, droughts, earthquakes, Gozilla, etc. (which may in the game already, still very new)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a ton of possibilities here with Runebound. I'd love to see an allies expansion that would allow you to build a party in the solo or co-op modes and add some more party skills.

I'd also love a villains pack that added miniatures for all of the villains.

Maybe a dungeons of Runebound which would add extra boards that have caverns under the current boards locations with new quests and monsters. There's all sorts of things they could add that I would love to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
There's a ton of possibilities here with Runebound. I'd love to see an allies expansion that would allow you to build a party in the solo or co-op modes and add some more party skills.

I'd also love a villains pack that added miniatures for all of the villains.

Maybe a dungeons of Runebound which would add extra boards that have caverns under the current boards locations with new quests and monsters. There's all sorts of things they could add that I would love to see.

Just start with the missing skill set!!!

Good ideas here, thanks for sharing. Dungeon board would be cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armaan Khan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Part of me doesn't want to see more expansions because my wallet can't take it! The more sensible part of me will welcome expansions, though, but only if it was compatible with the Unbreakable Bonds solo rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is where the flaw in using tokens for combat becomes evident. More expansions, more tokens. If they throw in allies, they will need tokens if they help in combat like allies from 2nd edition.

It's already a bit of a chore sorting through the starting discs for the heroes of which there are, with expansions, only 12. Can you imagine if they got to 40+ heroes like they did in 2nd edition. Throw allies on top of that plus any new assets it will soon become a nightmare.

It seems to be pretty quiet on the expansion front. I'm thinking unbreakable bonds may have been the last hurrah. I'm hoping not but in the past FFG has pumped out expansion after expansion for their popular games including 2nd edition Runebound, it's unusual to be this quiet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
It's already a bit of a chore sorting through the starting discs for the heroes of which there are, with expansions, only 12. Can you imagine if they got to 40+ heroes like they did in 2nd edition. Throw allies on top of that plus any new assets it will soon become a nightmare.

Um just put the starter tokens in with the mini. Other tokens can be plano'd or similar and again takes mere seconds to pull out what you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have two of these DVG counter trays, one is mostly empty. It's quite easy to find the counters if you organize them by type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.