Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting ready to play Horse Fever for the very first time tonight and I'd like to clear one thing up before trying to explain the game to my game group.

The rules state that, in the first round of betting, that a player must place a minumum bet or lose 2 victory points. Let's say a player has 5 VP so his minumum bet is 500 danari. The player, however, only has 400 danari. He loses 2 VPs. What happens then? Once he has paid the 2 VP penalty, can he (A ) bet the 400 danari he DOES have, (B) bet 300+ danari (since his total VP's were reduced to 3 after paying the penalty) or (C) not bet at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel N
Poland
flag msg tools
Same situation here (first play ahead). I understand it this way: If you have 4 VP and 200D you loose 2VP. Now u have equal amount of VP and Denari and you can bet this amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I think you are forced to bet after you spent 2 VP. If you still have not enough money, repeat it till you have enough. But this is just guessing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.