Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can push/go through a coin. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Renkas
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I know it is a dumb question, but can a pull/ push effect drag/send an enemy into a space with coins? I know for the sake of placing traps and obstacles that a hex with a coin in it is not considered empty. However, for movement purposes, coins do not hinder. Thus, since pull and push effects are considered movements, I'd assume a measly, little coin would not stop that effect from resolving. Thanks for the verification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is correct. You can freely move through coins or force others to move on/through coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
note: I'm going to use "push", but "pull" also applies
you can push enemies onto or over coins, no problem

you can push enemies onto traps and/or hazardous terrain, and if the damage doesn't kill them, you can keep pushing them (up to the limit of your push). NOTE: if the enemy you're pushing has flying, they will not trigger the trap or be damaged by the hazard)

you can push enemies through their allies (but only if you are able to push the target out of that hex again, since two figures can't end their movement in the same hex.)

you can push enemies over difficult terrain, and it doesn't cost any extra "push points" (forced movements are unaffected by difficult terrain)

you can push enemies through open doors or onto pressure plates

you can't push enemies through closed doors

you can't push enemies through their enemies

you can't push enemies through obstacles, except possibly if they are flying (I'm not entirely sure on that one though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
you can push enemies through their allies (but only if you are able to push the target out of that hex again, since two figures can't end their movement in the same hex.)
I don't think this is true.

JayJ79 wrote:
you can't push enemies through obstacles, except possibly if they are flying (I'm not entirely sure on that one though)

You can push flying enemies over obstacles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You can Push/Pull enemies through their allies, as long as they don't end up in the same space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Darren. Sorry Jay. I should not doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Tilias
Greece
Thessaloniki
EVOSMOS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
You can Push/Pull enemies through their allies, as long as they don't end up in the same space.

This rule is wrong. You cant push/pull throught other figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomhaven Rule Book, Page 22, Attack Effects wrote:
PUSH X – The target is forced to move X hexes in a direction specified by the attacker, but each hex moved must place the target farther away from the attacker than it was previously. If there are no viable hexes into which to push the target, the push ends. The target can be pushed through its allies, but not its enemies.

PULL X – The target is forced to move X hexes in a direction specified by the attacker, but each hex moved must place the target closer to the attacker than it was previously. If there are no viable hexes into which to pull the target, the pull ends. The target can be pulled through its allies, but not its enemies. Both push and pull effects are considered movements, however, they are not affected by difficult terrain.

Emphasis mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.