5 Posts

Fields of Fire» Forums » Rules

Subject: all pinned counter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tony little
msg tools
Hi All,
I'm a bit confused about the above. The rules state that if all fire from outside the card is pinned, then place an "all pinned" marker. I presume that the same would apply if it was the same within the card.
Now the confusing bit. In placing the all pinned marker, all other VOF's are removed as shown in one of the training videos. however if I then shoot into the card with a newly moved non-pinned unit, does it place a vof or is this overridden by the all-pinned marker. Who then gets the +2 shown on the marker and why?

Thanks
Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mb
I think this could help:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/27577890#27577890
In particular, read Ricky Gray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony little
msg tools
Thank you Gianluca

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tony - if one (or more) of your units shooting in isn't pinned then you can remove the All Pinned marker and replace it with the VOF of the highest non-pinned unit that you have shooting into the target card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony little
msg tools
Thanks Stuart,
I presume then that the all pinned marker is just like any other VOF and the +2 is used as part of the calculation when resolving the firing so that if you are in an open field then +2 is all you get which could result in a hit from the pinned units.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.