Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions - Mostly impact and bot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Just tried my first game against the chronobot, had a few questions:

When paying for superprojects, do I return the research to the supply or simply have to have the research?


The impact spaces on the capital, if 3p I place 3, even though there are only 2 marked hexes on the board?


The bot:
1. When it builds buildings, it ignores 1 time bonuses?

2. It ignores the mining space bonus?

3. It is intended to build really fast, right? It constantly hogged the build hexes and built 2/round until it hit its 3 caps, so was unsure if I was playing that correctly.

4. I ended 57 (me) vs 67 (bot). Does that seem in the right ballpark for having played correct?

edit: Removed a couple after rereading.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When building Superprojects, Rules, Page 13:

"pay the costs indicated on the tile itself (including Breakthroughs)."

So you must pay them, not just have them.

--------------------------

When placing Collapsing Capital Tiles, Rules, Page 18:

"Separate the Collapsing Capital tiles by their Action into
three piles. Select 2/2/3 Hexes randomly from each pile
(for 2/3/4 players) and place them on the Capital"


So only place 2 in a 3 player game.

--------------------------

1 - Rules, Page 24:

"It never pays costs of Actions and ignores everything
printed on the Action spaces
"

So it doesn't get the one-time bonuses

2 - It will take both resources it is entitled to, confirmed by the designer here:

Re: Chronobot mining - extra cube?

3 - It will definitely build a lot.

4 - That seems like a reasonable score for your early games.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, oops, misread that on the spaces. That makes more sense.


The bot part still strikes me as unclear. Ignoring action spaces ignores the water cost and any collapse bonuses, but left the building effect part unspecified. For me the very first building it built was one that gives 8 water immediately. I assumed it was only supposed to get the vp for having the building and not luck in to building bonuses too, but was unsure.

Same for the extra cube, I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be considered printed on the action space or not. I guess not. So, if the bot got the bonus cubes too, it'd have scored another 4(?) pts from getting the last titanium it needed for a set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tibbles wrote:
Just tried my first game against the chronobot, had a few questions:

When paying for superprojects, do I return the research to the supply or simply have to have the research?


Return the tiles back. It's not cheap.


tibbles wrote:
The impact spaces on the capital, if 3p I place 3, even though there are only 2 marked hexes on the board?


Did you mean by Collapsing capital tiles? If so yes, you place it based on the setup.
And no, it doesn't cost water to use, instead it gives you one time bonus based on the tiles.

tibbles wrote:
The bot:
1. When it builds buildings, it ignores 1 time bonuses?

2. It ignores the mining space bonus?

3. It is intended to build really fast, right? It constantly hogged the build hexes and built 2/round until it hit its 3 caps, so was unsure if I was playing that correctly.

4. I ended 57 (me) vs 67 (bot). Does that seem in the right ballpark for having played correct?

edit: Removed a couple after rereading.


1. Yes, ignore printed cost and bonus. You can find more refined description on the rules under general rules of the Chronobot's actions section.

2. Same with above.

3. Really depends on the rolls. But of course the tokens range from 2-5, so it was designed to build quite fast. And how the Chronobot takes 2 construct actions in a single round? In it's turn you roll the die and perform the action based on your die roll result. And then move the token one space in the arrow direction. So it only takes 1 action.

4. Not sure, maybe others can chime in to give insight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
To clarify what I meant by bot question 1 and ignoring 1 time bonuses:

Some buildings give points or other resources 1 time when first built.
a. Does the bot get these bonuses?

b. If it does, does it take those vp in to consideration when trying to build the highest vp building?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tibbles wrote:
To clarify what I meant by bot question 1 and ignoring 1 time bonuses:

Some buildings give points or other resources 1 time when first built.
a. Does the bot get these bonuses?

b. If it does, does it take those vp in to consideration when trying to build the highest vp building?


It does not get those bonuses, just the VP value printed on the building.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.