Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Johnson
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
I pulled an Abomination after my first round, and it destroyed my game. I barley just opened a room, and it spawned only a few spaced away. The whole game was spent moving around in a circle, moving in a room, searching, and moving out again. It added what seemed like 2 hours to the game. Had to search half the item deck for gas and a bottle.

Luckily I was playing solo so it didn't ruin anyones experience, but it wasn't fun. There should not be an abomination on a blue spawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cleverley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatChristianGuy wrote:
I pulled an Abomination after my first round, and it destroyed my game. I barley just opened a room, and it spawned only a few spaced away. The whole game was spent moving around in a circle, moving in a room, searching, and moving out again. It added what seemed like 2 hours to the game. Had to search half the item deck for gas and a bottle.

Luckily I was playing solo so it didn't ruin anyones experience, but it wasn't fun. There should not be an abomination on a blue spawn.

Nah, just makes it part of the fun. After all, what are the odds? When my copy of Green Horde arrived the other week I set up the tutorial mission and the first spawn card I drew was the Abomination!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drewbag84 wrote:

Nah, just makes it part of the fun.

Quite the opposite, it kills the fun because you have to kite him round for ages hoping to find Molotov ingredients. Lots of people take that card out of the deck. I leave it in but say it's a fatty if it pops up too early in the game.

It doesn't usually take long to get out of blue though so once you do all bets are off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We have never ignored the blue level abomination, and sometimes it has added to the fun, and other times it has just been a pain. I think if I was playing with younger player, or fewer than 6 survivors, I would rig the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its one of the times where splitting the party, and having a smaller group (even just one) make noise and/or stay visible becomes more valuable. Personally I'm not sure that deciding to ignore a card draw because it makes things more inconvenient is the best way to deal with something - the Abomination forces you to alter the "standard" plan for looting etc, and makes you make some tough choices. Its also where some of those less obvious skills come in handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Johnson
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Stu Holttum wrote:
Its one of the times where splitting the party, and having a smaller group (even just one) make noise and/or stay visible becomes more valuable. Personally I'm not sure that deciding to ignore a card draw because it makes things more inconvenient is the best way to deal with something - the Abomination forces you to alter the "standard" plan for looting etc, and makes you make some tough choices. Its also where some of those less obvious skills come in handy.

I can see playing with players who love the game, but theres a few problems if you're new, or playing with a group.

1. Its going to add more time to the game. 2. Its going to ruin the players experience who has to train him. (Think about him not being able to search for guns nor kill zombies to gain XP - because he's using his turn moving, staying in the open, or making noise)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.