24 Posts

Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom» Forums » General

Subject: Any chance of a second KS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vibagon Vibagon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple as that. I'm really interested in getting this beauty, but the shipping fees to Spain are HUGE ($58), so I was hoping for a new KS, since this project was EU friendly (and maybe a components upgrade? It seems that's the only criticism to this game). I can't neither find any retailer in EU selling it. It's up to the retailers or the producers to make it possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vibagon wrote:
I can't neither find any retailer in EU selling it.

That might be my fault :/. i recently bought what i believe was the last copy from the UK via the BGG market.

@Sean+Eric: i'd also be interested in a 2nd KS for the upcoming content which Eric has hinted at in other threads. The current Goblinko shipping model (postage measured by product price, rather than weight) makes it infeasible to order even the tiny world books from outside the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vibagon Vibagon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is, I can buy 6 copies and the shipping costs woukd be thr same $58, which I don't understand. Anyway, i'm looking for other spaniards interested in buying together and split costs, just in case that's the only way to get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vibagon wrote:
...i'm looking for other spaniards interested in buying together and split costs, just in case that's the only way to get it!

Be careful when doing so - you might get stuck paying VAT import taxes, which adds another 20% (or so) to the cost. i haven't had that happen to me in a long time, but i also haven't ordered anything valued more than $100 from the States in more than 10 years. The DD KS fulfillment was done via a company in the UK, which allowed us to avoid import taxes, but Goblinko has since stopped using that company, and now does the fulfillment themselves (from the States).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vibagon Vibagon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, thank's for the tip! Truth is, I've never imported from abroad EU, so I'm unaware of those risks. Good to know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vibagon wrote:
Oh, thank's for the tip! Truth is, I've never imported from abroad EU, so I'm unaware of those risks. Good to know...

This page is from Holland (but in English) and may be helpful:

https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/bldcontenten/...

i am not sure whether these rules differ in each EU country, but i suspect that they are defined by the EU.

Here's one in Spain, but the site layout seems to be completely broken:

https://spainbox.com/mailboxes/duty-and-taxes-to-import-to-s...

Edit: another one in Spain:
https://customsdutyfree.com/spain-customs-and-import-duty-ta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vibagon Vibagon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the quality of the components, I'd say that that the card stock is OK, not too far from other companies such as FFG. Now, the counter's sheets really annoyed me. They weren't punched all the way through, so I had to use a scalpel several times to avoid the counters to get damaged. Even after doing that, there are some that still got damaged anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand, the game is FANTASTIC! I'm having a lot of fun playing the campaign.
Also, I bought all the booklets that describe each one of the regions and they are all worth it. I'm really enjoying getting to know all the lore of that fantastic world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is built for expansion modules!

New characters
New enemies
New lands to explore
New missions and storylines.

I think Sean would find an expansion KS very successful.
As a pledge level, I'm sure the Core game could be offered.

Bring it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions please!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Äaberg
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're going to switch our shipping model to weight based ASAP - it has been on my to-do list for a month - but I've been swamped with other things. For instance - my mom died. Anyhow - that's the plan. Expansion material - we've got two expansions in concrete - the next character pack is coming up & then we're going to be doing a cards expansion. I don't think we're doing a kickstarter for either of those. Also - we were not pleased with our EU friendly fulfillment service via Gamesquest UK - they have horrendous customer service which has created absurd delays for our backers which are inexcusable. If you foreign devils have a EU friendly fulfillment service you'd recommend that you've used multiple times & have had good, prompt customer service - please recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about your mom, Sean. I think that for the characters and card expansions, you guys are right to not do it through a Kickstarter. But, for anything bigger than that, I think a KS would be great for you guys. The visibility you guys would have this time around via word of mouth would be HUGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean, so very sorry to that your mother passed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm never any good at putting my empathy into words:
I'm sorry for your loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean Aaberg wrote:
... but I've been swamped with other things.

That sucks, of course soblue.

Sean Aaberg wrote:
If you foreign devils have a EU friendly fulfillment service you'd recommend that you've used multiple times & have had good, prompt customer service - please recommend.

If you'll just send it all to me, i'll make absolutely certain that it gets exactly where it needs to go laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny W
United States
Long Lake
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Sympathies for the passing of your mother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Traditional Confucian teaching has children mourn for three years after the death of a parent, mirroring the first three years that a child is completely dependent on that parent. If you need to take some time off, by all means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vibagon Vibagon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really sorry to hear that, Sean. My condolences
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Äaberg
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Three years of mourning! Aye caramba! Thanks for your condolences - public emotional anything isn't really my style - but I've been working on being more open. Anyhow - I realized also immediately that we are indeed running another kickstarter soon. The next BIG project from GOBLINKO is the TAROT GOBLINKO. Illustrated by me - with a stretch goal of having Eric incorporate using the tarot in Dungeon Degenerates with an accompanying rulebook/rules. We will most likely be pulling the trigger on this in early March! Ha ha. Let's see if I have a jpeg of one of them.

So - that's a kickstarter happening again soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Äaberg
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The colors are wonky because it is a cmyk tiff turned into a jpeg online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for the Tarot deck.

Your art is up there with Gary Chalk's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vibagon Vibagon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, Sean, change the shipping costs! I NEED this game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krychek
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You might want to check Happy Shops (http://www.happyshops.com/index.php?cmd=fulfillment&fulfillm...). I received a couple of KS through them and it was a positive experience. There was a tiny issue with one of the games I received, and by the time I went to the KS page to report it they had already talked to the game designer and agreed on a solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.