Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Mage Knight Big Box - Apparently happening? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
already discussing it here.

Edit: Okay, the next time something like this comes up I guess I'll always mention to please not trying to "delete" the thread.
Why is this function still a thing in BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. My friends who are hoping to get this game will like this news

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New content or just old content together?surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:

This is my all time favorite game and I would love for there to be new content, but at the same time I'm hoping the big box offers nothing new. If it does I'll probably drive myself crazy weighing out if I want to get it or not and go through the hassle of selling my current set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- will it be available in english?
- will it include an updated and unified rulebook? will it include an overview of all effects?
- will the component-issues be dealt with (i.e. all enemy tokens are the same size)

if yes to all, then I might consider buying it a second time. otherwise no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jonathan68 wrote:
torontoraptors wrote:

This is my all time favorite game and I would love for there to be new content, but at the same time I'm hoping the big box offers nothing new. If it does I'll probably drive myself crazy weighing out if I want to get it or not and go through the hassle of selling my current set

Well that's understandable and I'm basically in the same shoes although, as crazy as it may sound, I'd probably wouldn't part with my original edition even if I bought the big box. Some sort of morbid completionism, I guess.

I might, however, sell my Lost Legion box and buy the big box just to get Krang and Shades. Given the insane price that these expansions have in Italy, it probably wouldn't be a bad deal either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:
- will it be available in english?
- will it include an updated and unified rulebook? will it include an overview of all effects?
- will the component-issues be dealt with (i.e. all enemy tokens are the same size)

Well at this point, I guess we can safely answer yes to your first and second question since Paul Grogan confirmed that he's working on a dedicated manual.
As far as the third, well, I wouldn't take anything for granted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Pfefferle
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
If the big box meets Pegasus Spiele's high production quality standard, I'm going to swap my game just for getting the better material.

I always found Wizkid's print quality to be poor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadae
msg tools
As someone who plays exclusively on Vassal/TT Simulator, I will absolutely buy a big box even at a triple digit price. This is exactly what I've been waiting to purchase for

Edit: assuming the component consistency is dealt with which is part of the expectation of a all-in-one-product, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cadae wrote:
Edit: assuming the component consistency is dealt with which is part of the expectation of a all-in-one-product, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
already discussing it here.

Edit: Okay, the next time something like this comes up I guess I'll always mention to please not trying to "delete" the thread.
Why is this function still a thing in BGG?
Which function? Deleting a post? Because it's useful.
There's a big yellow box saying that "Deleting this article does not delete the thread or any replies to it, or any quotes of it." when you want to delete a post, so I don't think you mentioning the same would change much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
Because it's useful.

I'd like to know how exactly. When is it ever useful to delete an initial post after someone already replied?

I know there is a prompt informing the user about the consequences but you can't tell me that everyone who actually clicks the delete button in the end have read it. Sometimes this happens, the user comes back and reports that he/she "didn't know that this would only delete his/her initial post".
I think that informing the person in the reply is one way to deal with it from the communities perspective, because the reply should have been read usually before the deletion.
From a platform perspective I'd say that flagging as duplicate should be an option, though I don't know how one would deal with it then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
haroth9842 wrote:
Because it's useful.

I'd like to know how exactly. When is it ever useful to delete an initial post after someone already replied?
Wait. I have first asked if "Deleting a post?" is the function you're referring to and apparently it's not.
Initial posts certainly could get a special treatment. Although it might improve user experience in some rare cases, I don't think it's worth the effort of spending the time to code such feature in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
Anduin wrote:
haroth9842 wrote:
Because it's useful.

Wait. I have first asked if "Deleting a post?" is the function you're referring to and apparently it's not.
Initial posts certainly could get a special treatment. Although it might improve user experience in some rare cases, I don't think it's worth the effort of spending the time to code such feature in.

ah, okay. I'm sorry. Yeah, I was referring to the deletion of initial posts that often leave threads meaningless which creates confusion.
That's why I said that, since there is no upcoming feature I assume, I will try to inform users to not delete an initial post if there is some sort of duplicate topic happening. Of course only if I'm fast enough ^^

Sadly the "deletion" of a thread happens sometimes when users think that their "question has been answered". That one really puzzles me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the education. I'm more familiar with posting on a classifieds forum that allows the deletion of the thread by deleting the top post.

I was moving too fast to notice any warning. 30 lashes. I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.