David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!

Today I received Gang War 2 and Badzone Delta-7. I also have Gang War 1 and the Esher and Goliath cards.

My question is, if I biuld the two gangs as shown in the core set, can I play over all scenarios with those gangs and still envoy the gang? Will I miss something in not having more options for my gangers?

EDIT: I guess I could also buy one box for Goliath and Esher if I need more specific models later on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sulat
United Kingdom
Dundee
- Choose a State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your new to Necromunda I recommend going with the pre-built gangs. There is nothing in their loadout that cant be used in 3D games.

Just be warned that after playing some games you will fall into the temptation of wanting to kit your gangers out with other options. Lot's of folks want to add a shotgun or extra grenade launcher to the team.

By that point though you will already be familiar enough with the game to know if buying another box of fighters is for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a really hard question to ask; especially for a campaign. You'll need to develop your own play style and you'll be balancing that against a bit of luck. Generally the pre-build gangers are ok, but you may hate some of the weapons they have and prefer to use reliable lasguns, even though they are weaker to hit, for example. Or you may prefer to develop characters from scratch acquiring traits you find the most useful.

I don't think you'll miss anything using the pre-built gang, it's a great way of getting up and running quickly. But if you may find after a few games you'll want to invest a bit more time producing characters you want.

This does make model building somewhat harder. The models are not easy to customize. I'd recommend putting names on their bases and get used to using placeholder weapons if you're not confident modding them to your requirements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemyslaw Kozlowski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Rhezuss wrote:
Hey guys!

Today I received Gang War 2 and Badzone Delta-7. I also have Gang War 1 and the Esher and Goliath cards.

My question is, if I biuld the two gangs as shown in the core set, can I play over all scenarios with those gangs and still envoy the gang? Will I miss something in not having more options for my gangers?

EDIT: I guess I could also buy one box for Goliath and Esher if I need more specific models later on...

The gang composition in the starter box is quite good for learning the game and playing casual games. However, the two gangs are built for a 1500 point system and the gang war campaign system uses 1000 point start builds. So if you want to play campaigns, you will have to drop some gangers and/or change out their weapons. Also as you play, you will want to tweak your gangs as well (eg. I dropped the rivet gun for another grenade launcher).

Ultimately it all depends on how anal about WYSIWYG the people you play with are. In my group we prefer that the major weapons be physically on the figure but we could care less about things like pistols, knives or wargear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.