Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Kingdomino» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mixing 2 Kingdominos: 2 players 9x9 realms + 3+ players possibilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sébastien D
France
flag msg tools
Hello fellow Kings and Queens!

Kingdomino has become a standard during lunch breaks with my colleagues and both are classics during my Board Game’s Sundays with my friends.
So, first thing first, they are great games !

I like Queendomino a lot with the only reserve that the rounds/games are longer and the mechanics less adaptable to quick play with casual players.

As the game is very popular among my playing pals, I have been thinking about mixing 2 Kingdominos (let’s call it “Royal Alliance”) for various variants (including 9x9 2P realms !!). Because, as far as realms are concerned, the bigger the better !

Let me know what you think about it (I’ve not tested them all, some are purely thought about from a pure ‘tiles count’ perspective).

2 PLAYERS: 8 dominos discarded before the game per box. 2 kings per player and 9x9 realms. 4 dominos per turn (no drop).
OR 2 PLAYERS (FULL BOXES): No dominos discarded before game. 2 kings per player and 9x9 realms. 4 dominos for the four opening rounds. 5 dominos per turn afterwards.
OR2 PLAYERS (TOTAL WAR & LATE ALLIES): No dominos discarded before game. 9x9 realms. 8 dominos per turn. 3 kings per player for the first 8 rounds (2 dominos dropped). 4 kings per player for the last 4 (some allies are always late ^^).

3 PLAYERS:
12 dominos discarded before the game per box. 2 kings per player and 7x7 realms. 6 dominos per turn (no drop).
OR 3 PLAYERS (FULL BOXES): No dominos discarded before game. 2 kings per player and 7x7 realms. 8 dominos per turn (2 dropped).
4 PLAYERS: No dominos discarded before game. 2 kings per player and 7x7 realms (1 king is possible but the game would last 24 turns). 8 dominos per turn (no drop).
5 PLAYERS: 12 dominos discarded before the game per box. 1 king per player and 5x5 realms. 6 dominos per turn (1 dropped).
6 PLAYERS: No dominos discarded before game. 1 king per player and 5x5 realms. 8 dominos per turn (2 dropped).

These can be coupled with Special “computer” AI rules described in this very forum to avoid non-chosen dominos each turn and to play variants with full boxes with a more strategic aspect.

Your own feedback/thoughts are welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to know if you did purchase the 2nd copy and if you've enjoyed it at 4 players. I've been toying with the idea myself, though I hadn't thought to play with 2 kings/8 dominos a round, but I see your logic behind that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.