Subject: Purchase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Gibbons
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can I still buy this? I'm just learning about it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only just started being delivered to backers. It's not available at retail yet AFAIK, unless you happen to know a retailer who backed the KS.

It certainly will be available at retail in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Tucker
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Good to know, it looks fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind it won't be exactly like the KS version though. From what we know it will be a smaller edition to get you into the game with additional content coming out to add to it as you see fit to purchase.

If you want the KS version you will unfortunately have to pony up for it. Although right now prices seem reasonable for a game that i can only imagine will have more demand as time goes on driving up the KS set prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that AEG's support of Thunderstone has, in the past, been very hit-or-miss. For quite a while it was unclear whether the game was even still supported until an expansion suddenly appeared in stores with no fanfare or promotion.

They also weren't great about keeping even the "current" stuff in print. The first Thunderstone Advance box became quite expensive even as they were actively releasing new Advance sets.

It's too early to assume the same thing will happen again with TSQ, but... just saying what their track record is like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
It's worth noting that AEG's support of Thunderstone has, in the past, been very hit-or-miss. For quite a while it was unclear whether the game was even still supported until an expansion suddenly appeared in stores with no fanfare or promotion.

They also weren't great about keeping even the "current" stuff in print. The first Thunderstone Advance box became quite expensive even as they were actively releasing new Advance sets.

It's too early to assume the same thing will happen again with TSQ, but... just saying what their track record is like.

I have eared of that, but I think it is safe to say that AEG is now bigger, they have several game lines without this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.