Albert H.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I know the rules say that you you take weapon cards that are the same weapon system. That is...

5x Primary - A
4x Secondary - A
4x Secondary - B

...but what's stopping you from taking a random set of 5 primary and 8 secondary? What I mean by this is...

1x Primary - A
1x Primary - B
2x Primary - C
1x Primary - D
2x Secondary - A
2x Secondary - B
2x Secondary - C
2x Secondary - D

I know there might be a game balance that might be affected, but I would think that it would make the game a little more exciting.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but wanted to see what people thought of this rule variation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Auld
United States
Windsor
California
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd be capable of firing WAY more weapons each turn because you wouldn't be nearly as effected by the restriction on duplicates. It would be really hard to play defensively too because your opponents would have so many different possible attacks they could throw at you.

That said, you can do whatever you like and think will be the most fun. Fan variants can be awesome sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Aitken
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True, but you could also end up killing yourself by spending so much energy on a hail Mary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Or you could work into your variant the requirement to only play 1 primary and 2 secondaries per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert H.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
So I’m not saying play all of these in one turn. I’m just saying that your starting 25 are more than just 3 types of weapons. You would still keep the rule where you can only play 1 primary and 2 secondary, no repeats (for a total of 3 weapon cards played during combat)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monty Soh
United States
California
flag msg tools
I don't seen any problem with this variant as long as the 1 Primary and 2 Secondary per combat restriction is in place. This variant is immersion breaking though. Imagine your Heavy Hitter carrying 2+ Primary Weapons and 3+ Secondaries. That would probably exceed its load capacity. What about adding if you go beyond the allowed 1 Primary and/or 2 Secondary limit, your Heavy Hitter gets -1 Energy for each per round. It balances out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI in the solo mode uses two primaries and three secondaries, for what it's worth. But it has no reaction or movement, so there's that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.