Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
“I came up with the Yoda deck first. It kind of is like a prototype deck that got published… this one’s still a little fussy.”

“Vader probably needed tuning, Yoda is a little fussy, I like… how Chewie feels like a major character. I did the Greedo, where he either is really great or dies because it just made me laugh.”

“I like that the character decks do feel different… with just a difference of 12 cards.”

“We never liked Dooku’s pose. We always called him ‘I’m a little teapot’.”

More at geektopia.info.

http://geektopia.info/blog/2018/02/23/rob-daviau-interview-p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The link above is to part 1 of the interview, and now the complete interview has been posted. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
the one line which I hadn't realized, but makes so much sense
Quote:
And, they’re not going to think, “it’s an inefficient use of an action system.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how direct Rob Daviau was on the development time limit and the target age. I've always thought that with more involved, interacting (more parry/counter attack/if-then) types of cards this game could really go up another level.

This makes me wonder if any of the many fan decks take this game to another level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for reading and replying guys! You're also welcome to do so at the blog itself

Yeah, I had the same feeling: Rob did this for 8 year-olds on a deadline. Us fans do it for adults, and without deadlines, and with a lot of play testing. Rob never even got to back around on the Yoda deck like he wanted to. We revisit our stuff all the time. And, the results are really good.

Another theme is that Rob is surprised that the game still receives interest, and to still be talking about it. But, it absolutely does, hundreds of online fans per month visit sites like the Epic Duels Wiki and Geektopia, and I figure most, like me, have playing groups.

http://epicduels.pbworks.com/w/page/9779461/FrontPage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.