Hide
3 Posts

The Shared Dream» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rules questions after first play. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edged Square
msg tools
The rules state that shades spawn with the default dotted number. None of the numbers are dotted on my game, on is red and there is a D letter. How do they spawn then?

Also, can you run out of shades, or they are back into the pool if they die?

Do shades ever get stronger, or how do you spawn reavers?

Can you use the same location twice?

And once the echoes run out, do you reshuffle the discard and start again?

Do Animus wounds just clean off during the morning? So effectively, they act as a shield?

Does the game scale at all? I found the 2 player game to be same as 4 player, except with less tiles.

Minor spoilers possibly below.

Also, is it possible to just get into a state where nothing is happening? In killer clown we got to a state where nothing was spawning and the clown couldn't hurt us (we removed all the taint using the detective place) and the clown wouldn't produce taint since his first 2 phases were gone and he couldn't hurt us and we were trying to fulfil the conditions on the cards. So we could just eventually kill off the terror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They spawn with the red number by default.

They go back into the pool.

They can spawn at a higher level. If you hit the max, you spawn a Reaver instead.

I don't see why not, but you're still using your action to do so.

I'm totally blanking on echoes right now.

No, you have to heal them.

More chances for enemies to spawn since everyone rolls for stuff. Plus it takes more movement to get around and everyone needs to get through their decks.

Haven't played that one so I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgedeer wrote:
The rules state that shades spawn with the default dotted number. None of the numbers are dotted on my game, on is red and there is a D letter. How do they spawn then?

The Red number is the 'dotted' number. The D letter is actually R (but the positioning of the dial obscures this)

Edgedeer wrote:
Also, can you run out of shades, or they are back into the pool if they die?

If they die they go into a dead pool, once you've used all the Shades you turn the dead pool into a new pool of shades to draw from
. It IS possible for all the Shades to be in play, in which cae you can't add new Shades till one of the dies

Edgedeer wrote:
Do shades ever get stronger, or how do you spawn reavers?

If a Shade spawns due to Nightmare rolls, you 'dial up' its strength by an amount equal to the character's Nightmare rating; if this takes the Shade into the R part of the dial, remove (kill) it and spawn a Reaver instead.

Edgedeer wrote:
Can you use the same location twice?

Yes - but it's an Action each time. I think Reflections are the only think you are limited to doing just once per turn.

Edgedeer wrote:
And once the echoes run out, do you reshuffle the discard and start again?

Yes

Edgedeer wrote:
Do Animus wounds just clean off during the morning? So effectively, they act as a shield?

No, they stay on the Animus card, so the next time you channel your Animus the wounds are still there. You can heal your Animus at DCHQ (you can heal your mortal Anima at the Hospital).

If you get KO'ed, you take the appropriate penalty and remove all your Wound tokens from the form you were in.

Edgedeer wrote:
Does the game scale at all? I found the 2 player game to be same as 4 player, except with less tiles.

The size of the map is the only real scaling mechanism, though that can be as big enough factor since it increases distances and gives villains like the Clown more places to plant Taint

Edgedeer wrote:
Minor spoilers possibly below.

Also, is it possible to just get into a state where nothing is happening? In killer clown we got to a state where nothing was spawning and the clown couldn't hurt us (we removed all the taint using the detective place) and the clown wouldn't produce taint since his first 2 phases were gone and he couldn't hurt us and we were trying to fulfil the conditions on the cards. So we could just eventually kill off the terror.

If you managed to get to such a position then well done, it sounds like you broke the Clown. Normally the Clown swamps the city in Taint and just sitting at McAllisters making Social Tests isn't enough to stop it entirely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.