Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to fix some bent minis, but I am worried the hot water may strip away the sundrop. Has anyone tested their minis yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Assuming it's just acrylic paint, you'd have to soak it for a very long time for the paint to begin to loosen up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i did it on Helen to fix the staff. It worked fine. I have a hot water dispenser and just let it run over the staff portion for about 2 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Athena spear was very bent at both ends, so I use a slight different variation in the hot water I boil a kettle hold the mini above spout (about an inch but it gets hot so be craefull ) wait till steam starts to come out then quickly hold item over in the steam (it goes soft quickly) straighten item then either hold till cools down (I normally do this) or run under cold water (I wouldn't do this on painted items just in case as most paints nowadays are water based ) it's always worked for me and I have a nice straight spear now, gonna do same on sphinx once I work out a storage solution to keep that staff straight afterwards (seems silly to straighten it then let it get bent again because the box is too shallow to protect it from anything going on top)
In answer to original question this worked fine for me and no mini was harmed in doing it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Haney
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used boiling water to straighten some of the droopy spears and a few leaning hopilites and the sun drop DID indeed bleed off a bit. I was letting them dry on a paper towel after dipping in cold water and when I came back to check, there was blue, yellow and black paint all over the towel. I suggest drying them off immediately after straightening. FYI I can’t tell the difference looking at the models that bled from the rest of the sun drop. I’m guessing whatever bled off was pretty minimal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson

North Carolina
msg tools
No sundrop available to comment on. Company sucks. Still awaiting Titan pledge. They promised in private email that I would have it in hand before end of Nemesis KS. They lied. Glad I pulled my pledge there. Expecting the worse now on what they deliver. . . Not a great way for small company trying to make it big time to do business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Misztal
Poland
flag msg tools
scottatlaw wrote:
I would like to fix some bent minis, but I am worried the hot water may strip away the sundrop. Has anyone tested their minis yet?

Don't bother with a hot water, just use a hair dryer. Faster, less troublesome and worked fine for my copy. Figures are made of quite a soft plastic (I believe that's why they mostly bend rather than break), they don't need a really high temperature to become soft again.

If you want to use a water, DON'T USE A BOILING WATER - it certainly is much too hot. Let it cool down to a temperature of a hot bath and then give a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.