Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Stuffed Fables» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule clarification - have we got it right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rachel Fulwood
Australia
flag msg tools
I get the impression that people seem to have plenty of stuffing and get through combat fairly easily and unscathed and wanted to check if we've got this right.

1. You only gaining 1 stuffing per white die/dice roll equal to or higher than your current stuffing? We struggle to get any sort of stockpile of stuffing.

2. You have to defeat the Boss minion times the number of stuffies in play? Again being low in stuffing we don’t seem to be able to defend once let alone several times. Even using the blocking die we can’t seem to build up enough stuffing before the next attack.

Are we missing or doing something wrong or just unlucky?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. 1 stuffing possible to gain per roll of (however many) white dice.

Bosses have "HP" (dark stuffing) equal to number of stuffies in play. Sounds like you guys are unlucky Remember that you get to keep your blocking die if you negate all damage, and for that reason it's a really good idea to have your defensive die be one of the colors that your (non-Stitch) stuffy can re-roll.

Here's another tip: Lumpy + the meat mallet that he has on his card
+ always have a blue dice. You've got a nearly-unstoppable tank who can gain stuffing when he does decide to go on offense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RachelF wrote:
I get the impression that people seem to have plenty of stuffing and get through combat fairly easily and unscathed and wanted to check if we've got this right.

1. You only gaining 1 stuffing per white die/dice roll equal to or higher than your current stuffing? We struggle to get any sort of stockpile of stuffing.

2. You have to defeat the Boss minion times the number of stuffies in play? Again being low in stuffing we don’t seem to be able to defend once let alone several times. Even using the blocking die we can’t seem to build up enough stuffing before the next attack.

Are we missing or doing something wrong or just unlucky?



1. Is correct, 1 stuffing per roll. But, if you draw more than one white die you can roll them both separately and possibly get two stuffing.

2. Always try to keep a die stored for defense. Preferably of the color that your stuffy can reroll. And remember that if you can block ALL damage you don’t lose that die. And he only activates when enough threat dice are placed on the threat track. I actually used my ranged stuffies to attack him and tried to keep my others at long range and kite him a bit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archonyx wrote:
Correct. 1 stuffing possible to gain per roll of (however many) white dice.

Bosses have "HP" (dark stuffing) equal to number of stuffies in play. Sounds like you guys are unlucky Remember that you get to keep your blocking die if you negate all damage, and for that reason it's a really good idea to have your defensive die be one of the colors that your (non-Stitch) stuffy can re-roll.

Here's another tip: Lumpy + the meat mallet that he has on his card
+ always have a blue dice. You've got a nearly-unstoppable tank who can gain stuffing when he does decide to go on offense.


Why non-stitch? He can roll yellow for defense as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Fulwood
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies! Looks like we are doing everything right and have probably just been unlucky.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
Archonyx wrote:
Correct. 1 stuffing possible to gain per roll of (however many) white dice.

Bosses have "HP" (dark stuffing) equal to number of stuffies in play. Sounds like you guys are unlucky Remember that you get to keep your blocking die if you negate all damage, and for that reason it's a really good idea to have your defensive die be one of the colors that your (non-Stitch) stuffy can re-roll.

Here's another tip: Lumpy + the meat mallet that he has on his card
+ always have a blue dice. You've got a nearly-unstoppable tank who can gain stuffing when he does decide to go on offense.


Why non-stitch? He can roll yellow for defense as well.


Because Lumpy uses blue dice that are , movement and blue tests excluded, actually unused elsehow, and party should keep yellow dice for searching the maps and quite frequent yellow group tests
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RachelF wrote:
Thanks for the replies! Looks like we are doing everything right and have probably just been unlucky.

Also remembre that Corageous Status let's you keep an extra die that can be used by the whole party, whoever needs it the most
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Fulwood
Australia
flag msg tools
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
RachelF wrote:
Thanks for the replies! Looks like we are doing everything right and have probably just been unlucky.

Also remembre that Corageous Status let's you keep an extra die that can be used by the whole party, whoever needs it the most

But not for blocking, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Witt
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RachelF wrote:
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
RachelF wrote:
Thanks for the replies! Looks like we are doing everything right and have probably just been unlucky.

Also remembre that Corageous Status let's you keep an extra die that can be used by the whole party, whoever needs it the most

But not for blocking, right?
Right, it was answered in another thread that, since the wording on Courageous states that the die stored there may be used on any player's turn, and minion attacks happen during the minion turn (not a player's turn), that it cannot be used by a player for blocking.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
RachelF wrote:
Thanks for the replies! Looks like we are doing everything right and have probably just been unlucky.

Also remembre that Corageous Status let's you keep an extra die that can be used by the whole party, whoever needs it the most

Also remember that you get a Courageous card whenever you defeat a Boss OR a Leader. We totally missed that in the first story.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.