Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Helionox: Deluxe Edition» Forums » General

Subject: The Enchanted Bunny's Storage Solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So there I was in the Old World Asylum contemplating a storage solution for Helionox that even Veil would be proud of. Unfortunately, I had carelessly thrown away the white foam insert. Even though Taran had given us all explicit instructions NOT to throw away the white foam insert.

But I wasn't about to allow myself to be defeated. So I sat down and spent the next two and a half hours working dauntlessly to find a solution. I tried Plano trays, deck boxes, and others. I tried with and without the cardboard insert, but nothing seemed to work to my satisfaction.

Then I had an epiphany as I glanced over to my gaming shelf and saw my copy of Legendary: a Marvel Deck Building Game. Then it dawned on me! So I gathered some token boxes left over from Game Trayz. I filled the eight token trays by like components and stacked them in the corners of the box without the cardboard insert. Then I divided the cards into three near equal sections based on their dividers:

1. Architechts - Starting Cards - Events
2. Locations - Bio - Cybernetic - Transport - Defense
3. Mercury Protocol- Requests

I set these three groups of cards between the stacked token trays. But there was still an open space in the middle as well as between two stacks of trays. A space that would have been perfect if I had not carelessly thrown it away!

So I took the cardboard insert and cut away one of the sides, which formed a rectangle and that would fit very nicely. Very nicely indeed. So enough of my rambling because many of you have probably scrolled down already to see the result. The cards are currently unsleeved as I wait for my next bundle in the mail. I hope you all like it, and please let me know your thoughts...















And never forget that "Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny."
9 
 Thumb up
5.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JCV
United States
Rolling Meadows
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Robman wrote:
Even though Taran had given us all explicit instructions NOT to throw away the white foam insert.


Why not?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what the white foam block was meant for...

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is utterly fascinating. I've been struggling to figure out the best way to organize my game -- normally I might've just bagged the cards up, the dividers scream to be put to work -- and now I see my problem: I didn't receive a foam insert.

Argh.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great storage solution! I just received and sorted my copy (good gravy, it's sexy) but even with the white foam insert, the storage feel a tad "off". I have all cards with the dividers on one side, baggies of components on the other, but the board (which is ALSO sexy) seems to lean hard on the dividers. I'm afraid it'll bend them, so I've been keeping the board out of the box while figuring out a "safer" option (like foam core supports in the corners). I may need to look into a solution like this, if for no other reason than I don't want to ruin a single card or divder. They're just too gorgeous to sully with bent corners!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clarke
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After I sleeved my copy, I wasn't satisfied with the way things went back in the box.

I've opted to go with a Broken Token insert. After some measuring I tried the Compact Card Game Box organizer (ORG007) and it has been a pretty good fit.



I trimmed four of the side strips off the original cardboard insert and used them as shims around the sides of the Broken Token insert.

The tokens/ wood pieces needed for setup are in baggies in the front of the rows, and tokens needed to be drawn during the game are in bit box.

I am able to stack the board, player mats, and instructions on top the organizer and the box closes flush.



This is the older version that has slanted card slots. The 2018 version of the organizer (ORG053) has vertical dividers, but I'm not sure if any other dimensions changed.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
livevyne wrote:
After I sleeved my copy, I wasn't satisfied with the way things went back in the box.

I've opted to go with a Broken Token insert. After some measuring I tried the Compact Card Game Box organizer (ORG007) and it has been a pretty good fit.



I trimmed four of the side strips off the original cardboard insert and used them as shims around the sides of the Broken Token insert.

The tokens/ wood pieces needed for setup are in baggies in the front of the rows, and tokens needed to be drawn during the game are in bit box.

I am able to stack the board, player mats, and instructions on top the organizer and the box closes flush.



This is the older version that has slanted card slots. The 2018 version of the organizer (ORG053) has vertical dividers, but I'm not sure if any other dimensions changed.


Amazing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Petersen
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
This is what the white foam block was meant for...



So, I did this - but now the board just teeters on top of the card dividers. This can't be good for them long term. It hurts me to spend $24 on the Broken Token solution. I already owned the first edition of this game, and now this one. I am spending quite a bit on just one game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clarke
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
timepieces141 wrote:


So, I did this - but now the board just teeters on top of the card dividers. This can't be good for them long term. It hurts me to spend $24 on the Broken Token solution. I already owned the first edition of this game, and now this one. I am spending quite a bit on just one game.


Lift the insert out and put the board under the insert, then put the insert and cards back in on top. little bit more unpacking & repacking each time, but the board won't bend the dividers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Petersen
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, good call. It is more work, but it's better than damaging the parts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.