BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The great "boardgame X is a crossover between Y+Z" topic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
This is something i wanted to do for a long time. Let us make a Boardgame X is a crossover between Y+Z topic.

We all know (mostly modern boardgames) boardgames who are quite novel and interesting, even fun, but are not that original at all. I won't pass any judgement on this, hey if a game is a great game, a game is a great game and i will play it! This is ofcourse outside of the question. The question is: name some boardgame and then tell us what two games it reminds you off (the boardgame you first mention is the sum of the two boardgames it reminds you off). This can be a mechanic thing only, but also a complete game system (which is easier with games who only have one system ofcourse). More than two are also allowed

Ill show you my examples to show what i mean, what are yours?

- Mission: Red Planet = El Grande + Citadels
- Mysterium = Clue + Dixit
- Dead of Winter = Castles of Burgundy + Resistance + Pandemic

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Trek: Attack Wing is a cross between X Wing & We Didn't Playtest This At All.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Expanse Board Game is a cross between twilight struggle and the coin games.

Twilight Struggle is a cross between El Grande and the card driven games where you place influence such as Washington's war (we the people).

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) is a cross between Twilight Imperium (Second Edition) and Puerto Rico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alhambra: The Dice Game = Alhambra + Yahtzee

Rush & Bash is a cross between the Wacky Races cartoon from the 60s and Sierra's 3-D Ultra Radio Control Racers video game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
The King's Abbey = Stone Age + Kingsburg + Troyes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterium = Dixit + a game that’s actually fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

The most fun I ever had with Mysterium was ruining a card for the owner of the game. The card is not damaged, but he cannot look at it again without some uncomfortable thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadstorm wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

The most fun I ever had with Mysterium was ruining a card for the owner of the game. The card is not damaged, but he cannot look at it again without some uncomfortable thoughts.

I have such a card as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlosSpicyweener wrote:
Broadstorm wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

I have such a card as well...

The one I mean has a picture of a robot. It looks like the result of Johnny 5 having intimate relations with a refrigerator. Which is yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is the very sad and dark one with the teddy in the puddle beside the fence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

Popular opinion ^^

Aeon's End = Dominion + Sentinels of the Multivers (plus a ton of streamlining).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Orleans = Dominion + Terra Mystica

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Puerto Rico = Outpost + Verrater

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.