Subject: The Name of the Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Walton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions on last week's thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28269891#28269891), in which we try and find a name for our new game under development. Some excellent ideas, also some terrible ones :-)

I've had to rule a fair few of the suggestions out for various reasons, mostly because they either already exist or are very similar to something that does (for example, I really liked Food Feud, but there's already several games called Food Fight and there's a lot of other games with Feud in the title).

I also thought WTF (Where's the Food?) was clever, but it turns out there's already a game called What the Food. And Restaurant Rumble was cool, but it's too similar to Restaurant Row (assuming that's Row to rhyme with vow rather than tow)!

So here, for your consideration, are the top six suggestions, plus scope to suggest something else. I should put in a disclaimer at this point, that I'm not automatically going to choose the thing that gets the most votes, just to avoid any https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/apr/17/boaty-mc...-type situations...

Poll
What should our new game be called?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Gastronomy
5.6% 1
Michelin Scars
11.1% 2
Foodtopia
5.6% 1
Recipe for Success
38.9% 7
Epicurean
0.0% 0
Bistro Battle
27.8% 5
Something else (please add your suggestion)
11.1% 2
Voters 18
This poll is now closed.   18 answers
Poll created by Walnut Games
Closes: Fri Mar 2, 2018 6:00 am

For further background on the game itself, please see our blog.

Thanks!

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Erm, Kitchen Fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I picked Recipe for Success. It sounds the most logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.