Subject: Replacement buildings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are four buildings in Tea and Trade that are meant to be used instead of the buildings with the same name.

But are they (1) ONLY for use if you're playing with the expansion (because they've been rebalanced to fit the new rules and resources), or (2) should they be used in ALL games (because the original buildings were a bit too good)?

I suspect the answer is (1), but in my quest to get everything in the main game box, I'd quite like the answer to be (2). Because every little bit of space counts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon T.
Germany
flag msg tools
I gave up on trying to fit everything in one box. Seems just not possible^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange, I’m in no way the most organized boardgamer but by just arranging the boards and using plastic baggies I’m able to just fit it in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually a foamcore insert is at least as efficient as baggies, even allowing for the thickness of the boards. It'll be interesting to see if I can pull it off this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
There are four buildings in Tea and Trade that are meant to be used instead of the buildings with the same name.

But are they (1) ONLY for use if you're playing with the expansion (because they've been rebalanced to fit the new rules and resources), or (2) should they be used in ALL games (because the original buildings were a bit too good)?

I suspect the answer is (1), but in my quest to get everything in the main game box, I'd quite like the answer to be (2). Because every little bit of space counts!

I don’t know about balance issues, but all of the replacement buildings add references to new game elements (tea, ships, etc). So it seems likely they are not for rebalancing but to better integrate the new game elements into the course of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon T.
Germany
flag msg tools
boshar wrote:
Strange, I’m in no way the most organized boardgamer but by just arranging the boards and using plastic baggies I’m able to just fit it in.

Ah good to know that it works that way. I use a plastic box as an organiser which takes just a little too much room but it fits the pieces so perfectly and makes setup so much faster that I don't want to get rid of it. I guess you can't have everything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm partway through making something, and I can see that it will all fit. It's not as elegant and the solution I had for the base game (which helped reduce setup time), but it'll do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavedog98 wrote:
RDewsbery wrote:

I don’t know about balance issues, but all of the replacement buildings add references to new game elements (tea, ships, etc). So it seems likely they are not for rebalancing but to better integrate the new game elements into the course of play.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.