Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Young
United States
Dayton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already got the 2008 printing of FoF (holy crap the game is 10 years old), and it's still in pretty good condition. Is there any reason to buy the new edition? I'd just get the Update Kit, but buying a whole new copy via Amazon isn't that much more expensive. It sounded like there are minimal component changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Quintero
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Get the update kit the only things not included are the action deck and terrain cards

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Russo
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, definitely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

It's been about 10 years since I got the 1st edition, I have to say I tried to play the game in 2008 but I just couldn't do it. So I have decided to get the update kit, just got it today. New countersheets came with the udate kit, are these counters really different from the 1st edition? I didn't get any notes with the update so I'm not really sure what has changed from the counters perspective.

thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter,

I also purchased the update kit but I am still using the 1st edition counters. No other reason than I have been too lazy to punch and sort the new ones.

The new counters feature a better font, the new "Skill" counters, and revised ammo counters, but otherwise are the same as the 1st edition.

Note though, the 2nd edition counters are missing the Command Point counters for helicopters and other aircraft. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Hope this helps...

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thank you Rob for your feedback! I just did a 2 minutes look at the counters but so far I haven't seen any difference. I'm not sure about what you mean by "skill" counters but I have yet to read the 2nd edition rulebook.

I will pretty much only focus on WW2, I would love to do German Stalingrad campaign conversion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.