Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Dividers for the Game Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Nygren
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and currently waiting for a copy of Gloomhaven to show up at any local store. While waiting I've looked into ways of storing the game, and have decided to go for an organizer of some sort. However, even though the organizers seem to make life easier I still feel the cards do need some kind of dividers so that it's easier to find what you want etc. Even though I know there are dividers available, I've made a template using LaTeX (since I don't really have skills in any other programs that would do this in a well-structured way). It's meant for printing, cutting and folding together (so not aligning front and back prints).

And while it supports the use of images that Isaac shared in the Files for Creation I rather not share it here yet since I've not asked for his permission. I can show this though, to give a perspective of how it could look like:

My question to you guys is what kind of dividers do you think are useful for the game cards? I've considered dividers for different equipment slots in the City's Supply, modifier cards (Bless, Curse for monsters, Curse for players, minus 1), road/city event cards, inactive cards etc. Unfortunately since I'm still waiting for a copy of the game my knowledge of what would be nice to have is limited.

Also, if I make sure it's permitted and if you're interested I can share printable files with the card dividers. Since I've written it in a somewhat-of-a-code format I can quite easily change card size, horizontal/vertical divider and paper size.

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I would also like to know what people are using for their card dividers. Monster action cards for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McCormick
England
Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for the same!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using baggies and the original insert and would like to switch to dividers in the insert instead. I find that everything is packed well enough that the baggies aren't really necessary and actually take longer to deal with when setting up and breaking down.

The standard size dividers are easy enough to find online (basic white with tabs to write on) but a quick search hasn't revealed ones for the mini-euros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I use paper CD sleeves that hold everything for a particular monster group (square stat card, 8 card ability deck, and the standees). That way when a particular monster group is called for, all I have to do is grab that envelope and I have everything I need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually use the monster stat cards as dividers for the monster cards (which I don't use anyway since I use the mobile app anyway). I'm just interested in the dividers for all the other cards that go in the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Nygren
Sweden
flag msg tools
JayJ79 wrote:
I use paper CD sleeves that hold everything for a particular monster group (square stat card, 8 card ability deck, and the standees). That way when a particular monster group is called for, all I have to do is grab that envelope and I have everything I need.

CD sleeves do seem to make it really easy when it comes to the monster cards! How do you organize the other cards?

aflorin wrote:
I actually use the monster stat cards as dividers for the monster cards (which I don't use anyway since I use the mobile app anyway). I'm just interested in the dividers for all the other cards that go in the insert.

I can share empty dividers for mini-euro size cards if you want - that way you could tell how you prefer it to be organized. As soon as I make sure it’s OK I can make pre-labeled dividers with text and/or icons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small bags hold each monster deck and associated standees. Slightly larger bags for monster decks that are attached to multiple monster types.

I've recently sorted the monsters into thematic types (civilized, undead, demon, construct, elemental, critter), with each theme getting its own larger bag to hold the smaller bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spjakarn wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

CD sleeves do seem to make it really easy when it comes to the monster cards! How do you organize the other cards?

aflorin wrote:

I can share empty dividers for mini-euro size cards if you want - that way you could tell how you prefer it to be organized. As soon as I make sure it’s OK I can make pre-labeled dividers with text and/or icons.

Using the game's art assets for supplementary materials is fine by Isaac. There are numerous files that use them - he made them public for that kind of use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McCormick
England
Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the monster cards and their stat sheets, I got a 104 CD holder: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000TSO2AM/ref=oh_aui_de...

I put the holders in the front two, the shared decks over the next few and then, on the left-side, the deck and, on the right side, the corresponding monster. It works really, really well.

I want to know how people sort the rest of the stuff. I see some use card display binders but what benefit does that have? Can anybody recommend a simple index box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
imalrightjack wrote:
I see some use card display binders but what benefit does that have?

Works well for showing items that are currently available to buy (since availability changes as the prosperity level increases, and as items and item designs are looted or given during the scenarios)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wound up cutting some index cards to size and used them as dividers for the cards in the insert - no more baggies. Simple and cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Nygren
Sweden
flag msg tools
aflorin wrote:
Using the game's art assets for supplementary materials is fine by Isaac. There are numerous files that use them - he made them public for that kind of use.

I have uploaded a version of the dividers and can be found following this link:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/160413/gloomhaven-game-ca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.