Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
What planes are included in each of the 2 releases?

Larry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:What planes are included?
Larry Welborn (#32454),

See the following two articles:

Famous Aces: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/26697
Watch Your Back: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/9910

(The latter one is just the game entry, but it probably has as much information as you want.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie (#32460),
Thanks for your quick answer! I did not post the "Watch your back!" list just for a superstitious aptitude (I preferred not to do it until the game was really printed), but the list is now sure at 99.99% so I'll do it immediately: please have a look at
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/32479

Bye and thanks!

Angiolillo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hi, I just got the game and the first impression is quite good, nice cards, excellent counters and very strong gamepads. The whole package with very good art. I just had a quick read thru the rules and seems a simple game but there's something I dont understand: since there's included only one deck for each maneuver type (A,B,C,D) how can be possible to play, for example a game with 2 Sopwith Triplanes and 2 Fokker Dr.I planes? That is, we have 4 planes with D type maneuver and only 1 deck available? Maybe I'm missing something.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RolloTommasi (#35757),
you are correct: actually, with one box you can only fly one plane per deck. So an A, a B, a C and a D plane.
Alternative color schemes (the 4 Dr.I, the 5 SPAD and so on) are there for two purposes:
- to allow you a choice when you have a single box;
- to allow you to play in 8, 12 or more if you have more boxes. For "you" I mean you and your friends. If you play in 8, at least 2 of you need to own a box, and then you can fly two A, two B, two C and two D planes. Of course, you choose different pilots and color schemes.
You can also play in 8 if you buy the second box, "WoW - Watch your back!": in that case you will be able to fly also an E, an F, a G and a H plane.

Bye and thanks!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
angiolillo (#35833),
ok, now is clear, thanks. For future releases could be nice
to have at least 2 decks for each maneuver type, just to be ready to play some more challenging games even buying 1 copy of the first box (increasing -possibly slightly- the price). Or alternatively an option to buy only extra maneuver card decks with a very low price.
One last choice could be: you can put another set of the first 4 maneuver decks in the second box "WoW - Watch your back!".
That's just some wandering ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RolloTommasi (#35853),
those are good ideas... But we struggled with the cards limit decided by the publisher and we preferred to have the maximum variety possibvle with them. One thing I'd like to do are cheap "booster pack": for example a Nieuport 17 with several color schemes (including a German captured one), and its maneuver. You can buy many of them and have a flight of Nieuports for a few euros, even if you need the box with the fire cards and rulers. We could do the same with the basic planes in the first set, adding new color schemes... Who knows, it is still to be decided. In the meantime, thanks for the idea and the support.

Enjoy your flights!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
angiolillo (#35936),

Are there plans to publish other fighters, such as the Fokker D.VII, Pfalz D.IIIa and RAF S.E.5a? Or, can these planes be represented using the existing four maneuver decks?

thanks,
...Fen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fenyan wrote:
Are there plans to publish other fighters, such as the Fokker D.VII, Pfalz D.IIIa and RAF S.E.5a?

We authors would like a lot to do that. It depends on sales and reactions to the first two sets.

Or, can these planes be represented using the existing four maneuver decks?

Not really. You can invent them using the same principles, maybe using also a couple of maneuvers from the E, F, G, H decks in the second box. If you do that, please post them here!

Bye and thanks,

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pfalz D.IIIa is now in "WoW - Burning Drachens", Fokker D.VII in the "Top fighters" booster pack, Se%a in the next booster if/when we manage to publish it...

Happy flights!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Alexander Heijnen
Norway
Halden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sorry to bump an old tread but i just seen on the Fantasy Flight Forums that the S.E. 5A will be included in a new booster pack thats coming out. I'm excited about it already!

For reference:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but... still under developement. Please allow a few months to get it to the shops...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.