Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In a lot of levels tiles are connected by opened doors. Are these actually meant as doors (e.g. they can be closed) or are they supposed to be open spaces?

2. When are attack dice calculated? Chaz gets +2 dice when not wounded. If he takes the upgrade "suffer 1 wound to get an extra dice", is that calculated before or after "the +2 dice when not wounded" bonus?

3. When resting, is respawning all your dead heroes mandatory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Teowulff wrote:
1. In a lot of levels tiles are connected by opened doors. Are these actually meant as doors (e.g. they can be closed) or are they supposed to be open spaces?

2. When are attack dice calculated? Chaz gets +2 dice when not wounded. If he takes the upgrade "suffer 1 wound to get an extra dice", is that calculated before or after "the +2 dice when not wounded" bonus?

3. When resting, is respawning all your dead heroes mandatory?

1) Can you give a specific example just so I'm sure I understand you correctly?

If you mean that 2 squares have a wall or something between then but in a specific scenario there's an open door on in - then yes. It's a door that can be opened and closed as usual and you ignore the drawn wall.

2) I would say that Chazz does get the extra dice since you make the check before other effects as the ability from the item adds dice to your pull which is affected by Chazz's ability.

Not an official answer though

3) No.
Resurrecting is optional, it's in the manual (don't have it in front of me).

When you rest, you don't have to bring heroes back, hence the Raven strategy of killing your characters and keeping them dead for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:

I would logic that if he has wounds before rolling any dice he does not get the +2 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Kennedy
United States
Cleveland
Tn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prevailing rule for order of operations is that it is at the discretion of the active player. Based on this, I would say you could get the extra dice by taking the wound after having taken the +2 dice when he was unwounded. Other rules, designer posts, or FAQs would take precedence over the order of operations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arydis4 wrote:
The prevailing rule for order of operations is that it is at the discretion of the active player. Based on this, I would say you could get the extra dice by taking the wound after having taken the +2 dice when he was unwounded. Other rules, designer posts, or FAQs would take precedence over the order of operations.

I think the notion though that there is a timing conflict in this case is semantics. You are either wounded before you roll or you're not. Otherwise, you are just gaming the system, IMO. Once you take the wound, you are wounded. Once you're wounded you don't get the +2 dice. An opponent would have to take the position that you can't have it both ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leunig

Hamilton
New Jersey
msg tools
Arydis4 wrote:

This is true, but you're misconstruing which actions you have the choice of resolving.

In this example, Chaz's ability is passive. There's no player input to activate it or not, its either on or its off. So, when you choose to take a wound, two events are triggered. One is gaining an extra die to your roll, the other is losing two dice from Chaz's ability turning off. So you can choose to loose 2 dice before you gain 1, or vice versa. However, the net result is the same.

Alternatively, if Chaz's ability read something like "Exhaust your hero if he is unwounded, gain +2 dice to your attack rolls this turn", then you absolutely could gain the benefits of both, since having no wounds was only a condition of triggering triggering the effect, not a condition of the effect itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhastia wrote:
Arydis4 wrote:

This is true, but you're misconstruing which actions you have the choice of resolving.

In this example, Chaz's ability is passive. There's no player input to activate it or not, its either on or its off. So, when you choose to take a wound, two events are triggered. One is gaining an extra die to your roll, the other is losing two dice from Chaz's ability turning off. So you can choose to loose 2 dice before you gain 1, or vice versa. However, the net result is the same.

Alternatively, if Chaz's ability read something like "Exhaust your hero if he is unwounded, gain +2 dice to your attack rolls this turn", then you absolutely could gain the benefits of both, since having no wounds was only a condition of triggering triggering the effect, not a condition of the effect itself.

Yes, totally agree with this. Well put. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.