Hide
3 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Hi, just trying to figure out the rules before i setup the game for the first time, could use some help here. Thanks in advance.

1.Looking at " battleground of souls " story. So when heroes rescue 2 innocents, i can summon the avatar. Where do i place it , any spot with nest token/printed spot ? Sames goes for the controller, when does it come in play ?

2.If the avatar and/or Controller are killed, i dont get them back on the board during the "summon monsters" step i guess ,correct ?

3. Mission progress - the tentacle marker on "mission progress" is moved forward when certain step of the mission is completed and heroes win if they get to the final spot.But " battleground of souls" has 3 steps , while its mission progress track has 7 spots. How exactly does that work ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Hi, just trying to figure out the rules before i setup the game for the first time, could use some help here. Thanks in advance.

The game strongly suggest you start with Haven's Last Stand as your first mission - it's the least complex and really good for understanding the game. The Red missions are easiest (to understand), green and blue introduce more rules so you should save them until after you are familiar with the base rules.

Saifur wrote:
1.Looking at " battleground of souls " story. So when heroes rescue 2 innocents, i can summon the avatar. Where do i place it , any spot with nest token/printed spot ? Sames goes for the controller, when does it come in play ?

Any spot with a nest that doesn't have another monster. Or if 2 nests then 2 monsters etc.

Saifur wrote:
2.If the avatar and/or Controller are killed, i dont get them back on the board during the "summon monsters" step i guess ,correct ?

No, They count as figures that can go back unless they have rules that they are removed from the game (e.x. the hell club)

Saifur wrote:
3. Mission progress - the tentacle marker on "mission progress" is moved forward when certain step of the mission is completed and heroes win if they get to the final spot.But " battleground of souls" has 3 steps , while its mission progress track has 7 spots. How exactly does that work ?

They all have more spaces then you need, once you get to 3 the heros win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neric wrote:
Saifur wrote:

Any spot with a nest that doesn't have another monster. Or if 2 nests then 2 monsters etc.

If there are no empty nests left, you can put the avatar on any nest instead. The same goes for other 'forced' spawns like Hellfire guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.