3 Posts

Thunderstone Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Difficulty setting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I am interested in the micro campaign mode, It would be fun to play each quest with the three adventures in a row in a gaming night, thus starthing the third game at +2 cards.

I struggle with the “difficulty” concept though, to me the suggested tweaks to the guardian keys impact game length but not difficulty...

On the other hand should I bother? What would be the detriment for not touching the guardian keys composition? Probably there would be a slight game average time decrease given that the initial decks are better (which is not bad given that we would be playing three games on a row)...

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about the guardian keys mainly affecting length. If anything, using less keys is more difficult because you'll have less time to build up for the boss and complete your side quest.

Actual ways to make it harder would be:
* use higher level monster stacks
* use higher level dungeon rooms
* add 1 to the price of gear tokens
* add 1 to the price of marketplace cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Miller
Belgium
flag msg tools
or double the cost of light to force having light so less other cards to fight monsters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.