11 Posts

7 Wonders: Armada» Forums » News

Subject: Armada news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niels Nepper
msg tools
Hey guys

Seems like Some people have played an Armada prototype at international des jeuxde Cannes. Does anyone Got info to share? Also curious about leaders an cities for the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan
Switzerland
From Corsier-sur-Vevey, living in Zürich
From Vaud, living in Zürich
flag msg tools
overney.org
badge
He he he! You found me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellidk wrote:
Hey guys

Seems like Some people have played an Armada prototype at international des jeuxde Cannes. Does anyone Got info to share? Also curious about leaders an cities for the app.

Hey, I've played a game of Armada at the FIJ!
First of all let me remind you that this is a prototype and they were looking for playtesters, the released version might have some big changes!

The main change is the addition of new personal boards, "the boat tracks" its a small board with four ships (one red, one blue, one yellow and one green) each of those track is composed of squares/steps with an effect and a cost.
Each time you build a card of one of the four above color of cards you can also move the same color ship one step forward, provided you have the ressources written on the step you want to move to. If you do so you get the effect of that new step (might be victory points, gold, etc.)
The science track (green one) is a tad different as you don't have an effect on all steps but instead three time in the track, you get to pick one of a special kind of cards which gives you another effect (like producing stone/clay or moving ships forward even more.

The game also introduces naval military (blue shields) which is mostly earned through "the boat tracks" (but also through some red cards) and works kind of like the classic military (red shields) but it is global!
All player compare their total and the highest of all players get the bonus! Also, the malus only goes to the player(s) who have the lowest amount of all player. (unless there are ties, only one malus and one bonus are awarded per age.)

The game adds an additional card to each ages starting hands. (so 8 cards total at the begining of an age.)

Most of those new cards interacts with "the boat tracks" (like advancing one boat.) But it also adds some more science cards to make it a better deal/track!

There are also cards that make you interact with the neighbors of your neighbors (like fighting, trading, ect.)

Overall I really liked that play I did, this expansions add something quite fun without removing anything else! It does lengthen the game a bit but I do not felt like if it was dragging on!

My only real complaint is that when a player needs to pick a special card, it breaks the flow of "everyone does everything simultaneousely" as you have some breaks for when a playing is picking the card.

It adds some freshness to the mix! I had fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the main goal of this expansion is to increase interactivity among players instead of only dealing with you neighbor. That is a very welcome addition. I also like the idea of military getting a little stronger.

How did you feel the 4 new Wonder boards were? It seems like they all revolve around using the colored boats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan
Switzerland
From Corsier-sur-Vevey, living in Zürich
From Vaud, living in Zürich
flag msg tools
overney.org
badge
He he he! You found me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Messianic wrote:
How did you feel the 4 new Wonder boards were? It seems like they all revolve around using the colored boats.

None of the six wonders that were pre-selected were new, so I can't comment on that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, hell, my Broken Token organizer probably won't be able to fit it all...

But I love the ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you speak French, you can have a look here:
https://youtu.be/piOE_XmKjAI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Red
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like a release date is set? October? ::))

https://www.tabletopgaming.co.uk/board-games/news/after-seve...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik
Germany
Bergisch Gladbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On twitter their are some new pictures. They also say it will be on Spiel 18

#7wondersarmada

https://twitter.com/search?q=%237wondersarmada&src=typd&lang...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bradley
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently available for pre-order in Canada (boardgameprices.com)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiljan Toonen
Netherlands
Uden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a Dutch prototype. There weren't any new wonderboards in the prototype. I played it with six. I played fine, better than Babel I think. You must look good to your maritine tracks. It's nice to see if people will trade to advance one step with one of the matching ships from the card. Only small comment that I have it's the yellow commercetrack. This track delaying the game if you reach the tax were you must look to the other levels of the players. If the level is the same or higher they don't have to pay tax.

The islandcard are nice, but I won without having any ons of them. Zo I don't know how important they are. Als I don't advance on green. This track looks less strong, beceause not every step you get something.

The cards that acts with 2 people away from are great! I think you can put this in play without playing the maratinetrack if you played just with 7 cards instead of 8. I don't see this option in the rulebook. Maybe some one knows this or can 't it beceause of the balance?

The seeconflicts with all players are great.

Overall after 1 plays. It's feels great and it's less chaotic than Babel all think it's better with 4 or 5 players. We played with six and I know it was the first played so we didn't know everycard so our playingtime was more than 1,5 our.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls