Hide
11 Posts

Thunderstone Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hylke de Vries
msg tools
Are you allowed to, when starting a dungeon action after having been in the dungeon the previous turn, start back at the wilderness instead of the room you ended up in, or would you have to have produce the potential light and move through the rooms to get to the wilderness if you'd want to get there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pargrim wrote:
Are you allowed to, when starting a dungeon action after having been in the dungeon the previous turn, start back at the wilderness instead of the room you ended up in, or would you have to have produce the potential light and move through the rooms to get to the wilderness if you'd want to get there?

You start your next consecutive dungeon phase in the same room you ended your last dungeon phase. So, in this case, you would need zero light in order to travel back out to the Wilderness from a level 2 dungeon tile, and 1 light to travel out from a level 1 dungeon tile (barring any special tile modifiers, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Pargrim wrote:

You start your next consecutive dungeon phase in the same room you ended your last dungeon phase. So, in this case, you would need zero light in order to travel back out to the Wilderness from a level 2 dungeon tile, and 1 light to travel out from a level 1 dungeon tile (barring any special tile modifiers, of course).

I’m confused about this reply. Did you mix up level 2 and level 1? I.e. I would expect it to take 1 light to travel to Wilderness from a lvl 2 tile and zero from a level 1 tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Dreier
msg tools
You need
* 0 light to travel out from a level 1 tile,
* 0 light to travel out from a level 2 tile (because you only enter the level 1 tile), and
* 1 light to travel out from a level 3 tile (for entering the level 2 tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
I’m confused about this reply. Did you mix up level 2 and level 1? I.e. I would expect it to take 1 light to travel to Wilderness from a lvl 2 tile and zero from a level 1 tile.

As Martin has explained for me, you don't pay light for tiles that you're leaving, only that you're entering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
netdiver wrote:
You need
* 0 light to travel out from a level 2 tile (because you only enter the level 1 tile), and

Correct Light is not paid required for moving into, not out of, a room.

EDITED

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Har1equin wrote:
netdiver wrote:
You need

Correct. Light is not paid for moving into, not out of, a room.

Mark

I think you meant this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And while I believe everyone is on the same page with the terminology of "pay light" that we were using, I would also like to clarify our wording was slightly incorrect, as you don't "pay" light. You generate X light, which lets you move through spaces in the dungeon whose light cost values total X or less.

The point being that you still "have X light" while fighting the monster, specifically in the event that the monster or dungeon tile makes reference to the amount of light you have generated that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is correct. I should be careful with my words. Light is not paid per se. It is a cumulative requirement for moving to a target destination.

That is, total your light, chose an eligible room (one that you can move to meeting the total light requirements of all rooms you need to move into to get there), then move.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you can conceivably be stuck in a Level 3 room because you didn't draw any light to move out (on a subsequent turn).

In this case, must you fight the monster and then (of course) what happens if you can't beat it?

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tivowatcher wrote:
So, you can conceivably be stuck in a Level 3 room because you didn't draw any light to move out (on a subsequent turn).

In this case, must you fight the monster and then (of course) what happens if you can't beat it?

-Dave

Ugh - immediately found my answer after posting this. You don't really "move" to the village - you sorta teleport, thus no light required to jump out of any room in the dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.