Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that crits affect all D20 rolls including dodge but in an adventure combat, how does a critical success on an opponent's dodge roll work with regards to gaining another action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Adler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All D20 rolls of 'heros' are affected (and you might add duel mode 'monsters' in 'Tears of Fire'). This is not valid for adventure mode opponents consisting of leaders and henchmen. Those do know 'crits' only with respect to their action rolls. Their unusual dodge roll is not mentioned and not specifically ruled. If you could modify that dodge roll enough to make a thrown '1' not to succeed by the modified number, that dodge is indeed not successful. A hero would claim in this case, that a 'crit' is always successful.

In short: A crit-number on a dodge roll of an opponent would not add another action roll nor stop remaining action rolls. That rule is effect only for crits thrown during those action rolls themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie Bones

Montana
msg tools
Many, of course, will rant and rave against the garment fate has woven for them, but they pick it up and don it all the same, and most wear it to the end of their days. You…you would rather go naked into the storm.
mbmbmbmbmb
steftymo wrote:
I know that crits affect all D20 rolls including dodge but in an adventure combat, how does a critical success on an opponent's dodge roll work with regards to gaining another action?

Is it true that critical successes and failures apply on "all" D20 rolls, not just attacks? I was sure the rulebook stated that it was just attack rolls but I will go back and check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Dean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nighteyes77 wrote:
steftymo wrote:

Is it true that critical successes and failures apply on "all" D20 rolls, not just attacks? I was sure the rulebook stated that it was just attack rolls but I will go back and check.

They apply on any 'attack or test' roll a player makes. So any dodge test or any other roll using the d20 they will apply too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredoss
France
flag msg tools
I think it is possible to use fate point to reroll an attack roll or skill test. But not dodge test. I didn't see it was possible in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fredos9233 wrote:
I think it is possible to use fate point to reroll an attack roll or skill test. But not dodge test. I didn't see it was possible in the rules.

Fate usage and critical success/failure are unrelated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredoss
France
flag msg tools
But if you make a critical failure for an attack roll, you can take a fate point, or discard a fate point to reroll the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fredos9233 wrote:
But if you make a critical failure for an attack roll, you can take a fate point, or discard a fate point to reroll the attack.

Right. I just wanted to point out that this doesn't depend on criticals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.