Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I got the itch to play this again. Since I don't like using CB for rolling. I made up an ACTS module. It's located here: http://acts.warhorsesim.com/gameListCustom.asp?moduleID=1492

Look at the note in the description on how to do secret bids for Theater Resource Allocation. I only made the 1861 scenario for now. I could easily add any of the later scenarios, if anyone cares.

Let me know if you find any errors. Cheers.
Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of these days, I'm going to use the horrid VASSAL module that's out there now as an impetus to learn how to edit modules and make that one work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Finkenbinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is good stuff. Players have been occasionally using ACTS for the die rolls and the log. The added functionality of this module really helps, even if TCW is a non-CDG game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:
One of these days, I'm going to use the horrid VASSAL module that's out there now as an impetus to learn how to edit modules and make that one work.

What's wrong with the Vassel Module? I thought it worked fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Finkenbinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would still have to use Vassal or another medium with ACTS, to track on your map. This is just giving players another alternative. Some don't like the Vassal die roller, in particular, and the running log on ACTS is easier for some than opening files over e-mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NapTown Jim wrote:
perfalbion wrote:

What's wrong with the Vassel Module? I thought it worked fine

It doesn't hide leader identities when they're placed - they appear in the game log. That's a pretty big deal in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Finkenbinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the PBEM games I have played (and it has been a long while since I last played), leaders are only secret up until they are placed on the map. Are you saying they are not hidden in the leader pool?

Knowing where they are, once on the map, is not too big a deal in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigbadscrubb wrote:
In the PBEM games I have played (and it has been a long while since I last played), leaders are only secret up until they are placed on the map. Are you saying they are not hidden in the leader pool?

So in the VASSAL module I have, when you place a leader it will be (properly) displayed with it's star side up. But if you look in the console for the game (where you can type messages), you'll see that the leader's name is displayed when placed.

Moreover, leaders are not owned by either player. So it's possible to flip them at any time.

Quote:
Knowing where they are, once on the map, is not too big a deal in my experience.

Once they've actually been flipped, sure. But with the VASSAL module I saw, you can know exactly which leaders are present even if there's been no reason to reveal them in-game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.