Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Friberg
Sweden
STOCKHOLM
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The also said they have only tested the game with 10 locatione but they believed the game would have 20 locations...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, isn't is obvious, 100$ is base game, 60$ pledge is more like 1/4 of the game. 60$ feels like 'stand alone expansion' tbh.
They added upper and bottom part of board, but really, you almost have 0 variety between games. 12 locations of which you use 10 each game, oh boy...so exciting. But hey, you do get 2 more boards, so at least your samey games will look better. We can probably agree that people would be happier with more actual gameplay stuff(locations), than with boards.

You pay a lot to have a taste of the game, but if you really want game, either shell 40$ more, which seems like no brainer considering ammount of stuff you get, thus you are almost forced to take it...seriously, 60$+ shipping, no way it's worth that price compared to retail. I would not be surprised if retail version came with more stuff or it was cheaper. Because 60$(+shipping) pledge sure as hell doesn't look like almost 90$ game anyone would buy in retail
So either they decide to add more stuff to retail version, for same price, or it ends up something like 50$ at retail if you don't want game to fail.

I am torn between 60$ + shipping doesn't have value at all, and 100$ + shipping(27$) is too much for what it is.(in KS games you can get A LOT for 100-130$ price range)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, I gave up. 100$US + 27$ shipping is about 175$ CAD.

I guess there is a market for 150$ + games, but as a board game enthusiast, I am more likely to pay that much for a deluxe* version of a game that I love on a second printing or later after a few years than for a new game that no one knows about. It just takes a couple of players in your group to say "I don't know, it was not really fun" on the very first game and there goes your large investment.

I think the error by AEG here is that they are selling, for a large amount, a partly deluxified game with expansion ideas already in, while offering a cheaper version that immediately feels like a starter kit instead of a full game.

They should have talked about a full game with 12 locations (or more?). Offer it as the base. Also offer a deluxified version with nice wood and metal tokens. Now it works. Forget the added locations. Release them later as expansion 1.

I am sad because I really liked the concept and the designer's enthusiasm.

*by the way, deluxe means wood and metal for me, not plastic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smurfORnot wrote:
Well, isn't is obvious, 100$ is base game, 60$ pledge is more like 1/4 of the game. 60$ feels like 'stand alone expansion' tbh.
They added upper and bottom part of board, but really, you almost have 0 variety between games. 12 locations of which you use 10 each game, oh boy...so exciting. But hey, you do get 2 more boards, so at least your samey games will look better. We can probably agree that people would be happier with more actual gameplay stuff(locations), than with boards.

You pay a lot to have a taste of the game, but if you really want game, either shell 40$ more, which seems like no brainer considering ammount of stuff you get, thus you are almost forced to take it...seriously, 60$+ shipping, no way it's worth that price compared to retail. I would not be surprised if retail version came with more stuff or it was cheaper. Because 60$(+shipping) pledge sure as hell doesn't look like almost 90$ game anyone would buy in retail
So either they decide to add more stuff to retail version, for same price, or it ends up something like 50$ at retail if you don't want game to fail.

I am torn between 60$ + shipping doesn't have value at all, and 100$ + shipping(27$) is too much for what it is.(in KS games you can get A LOT for 100-130$ price range)

This "base" game will be $35, maybe $40 once it hits retail. No one will be paying the premium being asked for this amount of content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.