Johnny Danger
msg tools
I'm looking to reinvigorate The Resistance and I'm looking into the Hunter Module with Chiefs and Hunters. I don't know what it is, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it even after watching a rules video and referencing at a flow chart. So idk if I should take the plunge.

What's on the line - $10 and the limited time and effort needed for a game night and the dashed hopes of eager players. So the stakes are high lol

A bit of background: We've played Secret Hitler lots of times and The Resistance + Hidden Agenda/Avalon loads more. About half of us also play up to medium weight board games as well.

We're going to play with probably 9-10 players, but I would like to hear how the games went over at the different player counts since there are slight rules differences.

-How do you like the Hunter role?

-How many times have you played it?

-Have you played it with more roles

-And most importantly, is it worth the time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jose
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played it.

I bought it, read through it, read through it again, and then took the base characters and Spies out to play with, but packed the Hunters and Chiefs away.

For the most part I like what the Spies add, but the Huners and Chiefs just didn't seem like they'd be adding anything worthwhile, so I never bothered with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro F
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played two or three times. Never bothered again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
We've tried Hunters couple of times, but since our resistance group is usually 5, sometimes 6 (very rarely 7 or more that are interested in resistance) the hunters are not that often used as they feel they work better with more than 7 players. Might try again if situation is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed it [with 8p, if I recall correctly]. I played the Hunter. There were 2 rebel chiefs, and 1 spy chief. It was a real positive learning experience for me. During the game, I totally misread everybody, and we won.

For those, who are interested in learning to play, chime in here...
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28646271#28646271
...and explain your situation. Hopefully, we can get a game going.

Personally, I found the instructions to be very difficult to understand, due to the terminology, but once we got going, it made more sense. To understand it, it helps to be aware that there those accusations [or whatever they are called] before getting 3 points, and after getting 3 points.

I think that playing with 8p-10p would make it more enjoyable, and would help all players to feel involved, compared to 8p-10p plain Resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.